This job has been expired
World Health Organization
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
- Deliverable 1. Development of a simple assessment tool (based also on existing tools) to capture the status of NAP on AMR implementation (with a specific focus on the human health sector and the People-centered framework high level interventions).
NAP on AMR assessment tool expected by 1 June 2023.
- Deliverable 2. Develop a more detailed assessment tool based on deliverable 1, that focuses on mainstreaming of AMR into PHC programmes, plans and budgets based on the PHC relevant priority steps of the People-centered framework and available PHC indicators, assessment and monitoring tools and guidance, to be piloted during country missions.
Assessment tool available for piloting in PHC/AMR priority countries expected by 1 June 2023.
- Deliverable 3. Undertake desk reviews of 2 PHC/AMR priority countries to identify critical gaps, and possible areas of synergy or opportunities for integrated AMR and PHC interventions at the national and/or sub national and primary health care levels, based on the People-centered framework.
Two Desktop reviews expected by 1 August 2023.
- Deliverable 4. Take part in 2 PHC/AMR country assessment missions in 2023, develop country reports on options for mainstreaming AMR interventions in PHC programmes, plans and budgets.
Two country reports expected by 1 December 2023.
- Deliverable 5. Undertake desk reviews of 2 PHC/AMR priority countries to identify critical gaps, and possible areas of synergy or opportunities for integrated AMR and PHC interventions at the national and/or subnational and primary health care levels, based on the People-centered framework.
Desktop reviews expected by 15 January 2024.
- Deliverable 6. Take part in 2 additional PHC/AMR country assessment missions in 2024, develop country reports on options for mainstreaming AMR interventions in PHC programmes, plans and budgets.
Two country reports expected by 15 March 2024.
- Deliverable 7. Based on the country missions and the people-centered framework, develop a draft guidance document for countries on mainstreaming AMR within PHC.
Document expected by 1 April 2024.
Qualifications, experience, skills and languages.
- University degree in public health, microbiology, biomedical sciences or any relevant field.
- Advanced degree in public health, microbiology, biomedical sciences or any relevant field.
- At least 5+ years of relevant experience in the area of infectious diseases, primary health care, health systems strengthening, antimicrobial resistance or public health.
- Experience in performing desktop reviews, assessments or situation analysis in the field of public health.
- Experience in writing reports in the field of public health.
- Experience working in an international context and working in low- and middle-income countries.
- Experience in working on primary health care or health systems strengthening efforts at national level in low- and middle-income countries.
- Experience working internationally in the field of antimicrobial resistance, including in low- and middle-income countries.
- Experience in conducting country-level assessments and providing technical expertise to countries in the field of antimicrobial resistance, primary health care, health systems strengthening.
- Experience in drafting and publishing high-quality guidance documents in the area of public health for countries.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Ability to work under pressure with conflicting priorities.
- Ability to produce results within a set time-frame.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to develop innovative approaches and solutions.
- Ability to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills by working harmoniously as a member of a team, adapting to diverse educational, socio-political and cultural backgrounds and maintaining a high standard of personal conduct.
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, power point etc.).
You must be logged in to post a comment.