World Health Organization
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
- To ensure that effective WHO country presence is established to implement WHO country cooperation strategies that are aligned with Member State’s health and development agendas, and harmonized with the United Nations country teams
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- The incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Drive office vehicles for transport of authorized personnel to different destinations, including field visits. Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport, assist with basic visa and customs formalities and other arrangements,as required; ensure compliance with WHO rules and regulations including security and safety requirements.
- Deliver/collect and facilitate the customs clearance of official incoming and outgoing pouches, hand-delivery of mail, parcels and other heavy items to or from UN Agencies, Ministries, Embassies, Universities, airport, etc.
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the vehicle, checks fuel,oil, battery, breaks, tyres, etc..
- Perform minor repairs and arrange for otherrepairs, ensure the proper functioning and cleanliness of the vehicle.
- Log official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes,greasing, etc., maintain all the required documents/supplies up to date;including vehicle insurance, license, registration, logs, office directory,first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle;
- Procure minor supplies for the Office, obtaining invoices for localpurchase and arrange to pay office telephone and other bills, as required.
- Act as a messenger within the office, if needed and perform other related duties
- Essential: Completion of secondary education or equivalent. Must possess a valid professional driving license for light and heavy duty vehicles.
- Essential: At least two years of professional experience in driving cars.
- Basic mechanical knowledge and skills in operating and maintaining different types of vehicles.Good knowledge of the topography of the country and full proficiency in local traffic regulations.Proven ability to deal with clients with respect for diversity.
You must be logged in to post a comment.