Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
- The mission of the WHO Country Office is to support the Government and health authorities in strengthening health systems, addressing emergency and public health programmes and supporting and promoting research for health.
Description Of Duties
The incumbent is responsible for the following:
- Assist Country Office in achieving its objectives through supervision of ongoing overview of activities undertaken and guidance on adherence to WHO’s rules and regulations.
- Ensure compliance with WHO rules, regulations and procedures through review of activities of functional areas, including, but not limited, to HR, finance, procurement, travel, budget to ascertain that available resources are optimally and appropriately used; and to enhance donor confidence in the Organization.
- Review and analyze expenditure data and encumbrances of workplans in the GSM, including review of committal documents, for compliance with WHO’s financial rules and regulations and gather background information for reporting to management.
- Prepare periodic in-depth reviews of imprest account management and related expenditure and preparation of reports. Establish and implement a compliance action plan based on the programme priorities and existing norms.
- Review and ensure that all contractual documents in compliance with WHO rules and regulations before submission for necessary approval and clearances.
- Prepare background verification and carry out compliance analysis of expenditure patterns for enhancing transparency and accountability of internal procedures and practices.
- Identify areas of weakness, recognize training needs and initiate remedial measures.
- Carry out post-facto quality assurance activities to determine whether the financial regulations and rules of the Organization have been followed in the GSM environment and provide regular advice to the HWCO and other Senior Management on compliance issues.
- Establish the routine for carrying out the compliance work, identify priorities and ensure all relevant business areas are reviewed on a rolling basis during a biennium based on an objective risk framework Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Perform further in-depth analysis and reviews by requesting original paper documents from the responsible Unit in the Country Office.
- Perform analysis on the findings and submit regular reports to the Executive Management based on the compliance logs including statistical data, discrepancies identified and areas of non-compliance, actions taken and recommendations for remedial action and improvement.
Essential: University degree in Business Administration, or Finance, or Accounting or law or other related field such as auditing.
Desirable: Possession of an internationally recognized accounting qualification such as Certified Public Accountant or similar certification.
Essential: At least five years of progressively responsible professional experience in a financial reporting and accounting environment. Accounting and consolidation experience using ERP or similar systems.
Desirable: Experience working in health emergency settings.
- In depth knowledge of the use of integrated financial management and reporting systems.
- Proven ability to carry out compliance reviews and inspections
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure to achieve multiple deadlines.
- Proven knowledge and strong understanding in the area of administration, procurement, and risk management.
- Demonstrated ability to work within an emergency context at the country level
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Moving forward in a changing environment
- Producing Results
- Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.