World Resources Institute
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
About the Program:
- Communications is crucial to WRI’s ability to bring about rapid, systemic changes to the health of society and the planet. The WRI Core Communications team works to expand WRI’s reach, reputation, and influence, and oversees strategy and outreach for the Institute to support WRI leadership, programs, centers and international offices.
- Reporting to the Global Director of Digital Communications, you will be responsible for managing WRI’s main social media channels. Guided by performance metrics and our overall communications and marketing goals, you will develop and manage strategies, content and digital assets that broaden the reach of WRI across social media and increase engagement with our organization and its work. You will collaborate with, support, and be supported by team members within the Core Communications team, as well as various communications staff members across WRI.
What will you do:
Community and content management (40% time):
- Compose and publish content daily to WRI’s institutional social media channels, following our content strategy and using best practices and channel-specific functionalities
- Manage a robust editorial calendar in collaboration with the WRI editorial/media team, while also curating and organizing content for reuse and amplification by WRI programs and staff
- Engage community members through on-brand, and informed responses and dialogue
- Monitor, analyze and report performance metrics of WRI’s social media accounts
Content and digital asset creation (40% time):
- Lead the development of high-quality content for social media that engages WRI’s key external audiences and attracts new followers – including the development of videos, visuals and graphics
- Maintain a library of tools and templates that ensure brand and messaging consistency for all WRI social content in collaboration with the design team
Strategy and guidance (20% time):
- Oversee the strategy for WRI’s core social media channels to elevate our social media presence and performance – applying analytics and audience analysis to inform and test new content forms and outreach tactics
- Keep track of the latest social media trends, techniques, and tools – and help share this information across the organization
What will you need:
- Education: You have a completed Bachelor’s degree. Studies in marketing, communications or relevant field considered a plus
- Experience: You have a minimum of 7 years full-time relevant work experience managing social media channels – for high-profile/international brands inside a large, matrixed organization
- You have developed and implemented social content strategies and campaigns that has attracted high levels of engagement on a variety of social media platforms
- You have used social media measurement and metrics to inform strategy that has resulted in reaching goals for engagement and audience growth
- You have designed, implemented, and managed processes and workflows to support an editorial calendar and the creation of high-quality content in collaboration with internal colleagues and external vendors and contractors
- You have experience responding to a high-volume of comments and messages, and have managed organizational social media accounts during a public relation crisis
- You have helped plan and manage paid advertising campaigns on multiple social media platforms
- You have experience creating visuals for social media – including data visualizations, infographics, videos/reels, stories, or GIFs
- You are familiar with Canva or other graphic design software
- You are familiar with the topics and issues related to WRI’s work – such as climate change, energy, environmental protection and restoration, urban development and land use, economics and finance, and social equity
- Languages: Verbal and written proficiency in English. Proficiency in additional languages a plus
- Requirements: Existing work authorization is required where this position is based. WRI is unable to authorize visa work authorization.
You must be logged in to post a comment.