Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
The tasks for the FSSP Project Manager include:
- Ensure overall quality and management oversight of all services offered by the FSSP Kenya and ensuring the quality of services provided by the FSSP meets the needs and expectations of DFATD;
- Lead the preparation of all key FSSP documents, including procurement plans as part of the Initial Work Plan including Procurement Plans, Operating Procedures Manual and Annual Work Plans;
- Review and approve the FSSP and LDIs Fund budgets and financial reports;
- Plan and coordinate administrative, financial and logistics management services provided under the project;
- Regularly communicate with the Development Section at the Canadian High Commissions in Nairobi and Pretoria, DFATD headquarters, government authorities or their representatives, and other relevant project stakeholders;
- Develop and maintain networks of key stakeholders (government, civil society, other donors, private sector);
- Plan and coordinate procurement services of goods and services, including the procurement of technical specialist services through local and international competitive processes;
- Analyze, plan, direct and assess the administrative tasks to be carried out by technical specialists, including timely submission of deliverables, adherence to basic professional requirements and alignment with activity specifications;
- Provide other related services, as required (e.g. providing targeted and strategic technical assistance to the host government at DFATD’s request, particularly in the fields of GE, health, education and governance);
- Ensure the quality of the reporting and invoicing for services rendered;
- Provide any other related services, as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Advanced degree in a relevant discipline such as political sciences, law, international development, economics, finance, business administration, project management, social sciences, engineering, applied sciences;
- Ten (10) years of cumulative related experience working with International Development Stakeholders(s) or on an International Development Project(s);
- At least five (5) years of cumulative experience working in a Developing Country, preferably in Kenya, Somalia and/or South Africa Eastern/Southern Africa region;
- Demonstrated experience managing international development project(s) with a minimum annual budget of more than $1.5 million CAD;
- Providing overall quality and management oversight, leading the development of key organisational documents, reviewing and approving organisation budgets, etc.
- Experience in provision of administration, procurement, financial and logistical services, for example, hiring of consultants, procurement of equipment, and supervision of event organization; and
- Demonstrated experience in effective management and international monitoring of project progress and results;
- Demonstrated experience working with different types of International Development Assistance Stakeholders, including civil society organisations, the private sector, multilateral organisations, donors, as well as local or national governments;
- Knowledge, understanding and familiarity with Canada’s Feminist International Assistance Policy;
- Effective time management: able to prioritize work and meet deadlines;
- Excellent problem-solving skills: able to solve problems and/or identify when an issue should be elevated;
- Able to work effectively in a dynamic team environment (working both independently and as part of a small team); and
- Curious, enthusiastic and willing to innovate and adapt.
- Professional proficiency in English (oral, reading, writing)
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit an application to email@example.com as soon as possible. We are evaluating candidates on a rolling basis. Candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter which details why they are an ideal candidate (qualifications and experience). Please indicate “Kenya FSS Project Manager” in the subject line.
Kindly note this employment opportunity is subject to funding from Canada’s DFATD.