Designation: Senior Program Manager-Kenya Big Dream Project
Job Location: Nairobi
Reporting Line-Operations Director
Strategic Management and Technical Expertise for Program Implementation
- Provide quality technical expertise and leadership to ensure the overall quality of the implementation of the Kenya Big Dreams program in West Pokot, Baringo, Samburu counties and Migori county that is planned to be added at a later time.
- Ensure effective functioning of the program management unit (PMU) for timely technical and operational support across the program
- Provide technical insights on World Vision’s methodologies, best practices in child protection, anti-FGM, and anti-child marriage to project design and implementation.
- In Liaison with the Project Managers and Design Monitoring, Evaluation Accountability and Learning Coordinator, offer technical leadership in the development of the annual implementation plans, budgets, and other donor requirements for all the program sites.
- Work in close collaboration with the Project Managers, and project staff to ensure quality delivery of the program goal and objectives.
- In liaison with the project Managers and the DMEAL Coordinator, develop and review monthly activity schedules to ensure On Time, On Budget, On Target implementation of the project plans to meet community, WVK and WVUS expectations and accountability.
- Monitor project activities for results and maintaining frequent contact with National Office and support office representatives, informing them about project progress and actual or potential problems.
- Coordinate monthly catch up forums with WV US
- Provide World Vision – US Programme Manager or any other World Vision US personnel as guided with program progress reports, answers to any questions or queries related to KBD program and situational analyses.
- Ensure that all KBD program operational, administrative, and financial procedures comply with World Vision and donor guidelines, policies, business processes and bring any issues of risk, liability, or fraud to the immediate attention of your supervisor.
- Identify areas of capacity building for staff and coordinate staff capacity building on identified gaps.
- Coordinate response and correspondence to all SO and donor related questions and queries.
- Participate in KBD Program resource mobilisation related initiatives; i.e. Participate in development of timely and accurate funding proposals in line with support office requirements and WVK standards in collaboration with KBD DMEAL coordinator, KBD Project Managers & other sector specialists
Quality Assurance, Monitoring Evaluation, Documentation and Learning
- Coordinate the KBD research and learning agenda in close collaboration with identified academic partners and support office.
- Document relevant research by peer organizations according to geographical and technical similarity to KBD for improved project learning and effectiveness.
- Support and provide technical guidance on ToRs for in-country assessment contractors including baseline, midline, and endline, and other research as identified.
- Support KBD project compliance with all support office data entry requirements including learning appropriate MIS systems and building capacity of project staff for necessary data collection and entry in coordination with the MEAL Coordinator.
- Ensure alignment of all KBD program Design, Monitoring and Evaluation activities to project proposal and lofgrame.
- In collaboration with the DMEAL coordinator, support the program field sites to carry out all tracking and assessments (baselines, mid-term evaluation and end line evaluation or any other assessments), monitoring and evaluations in accordance with support office requirements and WV established standards, policies and procedures.
- Working closely with the DMEAL coordinator, and guided by the planning guidelines for the Kenya Big Dream Program, ensure accurate and quality Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP) for the program is in place and being utilized at all KBD field sites. DIPs should be developed semi-annually or as needed based on project changes.
- Coordinate with the Kenya Big Dream DMEAL coordinator to ensure that the program has appropriate accountability, controls, monitoring and evaluation tools and are being utilized in a timely manner.
- In liaison with the DMEAL coordinator and the project managers at KBD field offices, develop regular schedule for monitoring and support visits
- In consultation with DMEAL coordinator and KBD Project Managers, organize reflection and learning forums.
- Working closely with the DMEAL coordinator, generate Quality & Accurate quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports informed by Monthly Management Reports and in line with support office requirements and regulations
- In consultations with the DMEAL coordinator, KBD field sites Project Managers and WVK / WVUS Communications officer, develop context specific electronic and appropriate documentation on best practices and lessons learnt.
- Develop KBD Program risk register, ensure its implementation to mitigate risks and ensure accountability
- Ensure that findings and recommendations from various accountability mechanisms such as Peer Review, Operational and Finance Audits, Program evaluations, Program Capability Review, are acted upon in a timely and effective manner.
Advocacy, Networking, Collaboration & Partnerships
- Collaborate with key strategic partners both at national and county levels to gather relevant information to advise KBD program fund raising initiatives
- Establish and sustain working relationships with Government Departments and Agencies relevant to the KENYA BIG DREAM program
- Work with partners and coalitions to engage in advocacy activities with the government structures, (both at National and County level) to address the child protection needs of local communities within KBD program areas of operation.
- Effectively represent KBD Program virtually and in person to donors and support office staff. This includes but is not limited to internal WV calls, calls with donors, speaking at conferences, and traveling to conferences.
- Represent KBD Program in national Child Protection related forums and networks on Child Rights for purposes of learning and sharing best practices and influence WVK agenda on partners
- Maintain effective communications and pro-active relationships with Support Office partners, including calls and visits by donors.
- In coordination with the Child Protection, Participation & Safeguarding Technical Program manager and the Advocacy Manager participate in national level coalitions on specific CP advocacy issues.
- In collaboration with the KBD project managers, ensure that Program participants and partners are kept informed of all the Government laws and policies and WVK policy in respect to PSEA
- and Child protection and Child and Adult safeguarding
- In the spirit of twin citizenship, contribute to knowledge sharing and collaborative learning through internal and external avenues such as annual reflection forums
- Participate in relevant Annual National and County Government’s Planning and Budgeting process and influence resource allocation to the priority needs of the most vulnerable groups within KBD Programme areas.
- Provide supervision to the program management unit (PMU)
- Provide technical support and Matrix supervision to KBD project Managers implementing KBD in the field ensuring consistent quality of work
- Model a high standard of personal Christian leadership, ministry and integrity through lifestyle and work relationships that support spiritual development of the KBD Program team.
- In close collaboration with People & Culture Department, ensure right KBD program staff are recruited, retained, and provided with intentional opportunities, mentoring and coaching for development.
- Assess and Facilitate for capacity building of KBD Program staff on technical modules, through trainings, workshops, On the Job training and technical backstopping etc.
- Offer KBD Program Staff guidance to ensure overall quality and comprehensive management of the program.
Qualification, Knowledge and Skills
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences preferably in child development, humanitarian aid/development, child rights, public policy, law, sociology / social work or other related field (A bachelor’s degree in Education and experience working in child protection: including child protection program design, implementation and monitoring will be considered)
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in community development work implementing child protection and adult safeguarding programs. At least 3 years should be at Managerial level
- Thorough understanding of all areas of project management cycles in a complex, international development organization especially in development or Relief Projects.
- A good understanding of International, Regional and National framework on human rights for women and children such as Convections on the Rights of the Child, ACRWC, Convention for the Elimination of all forms of Discrimination Against Women, Africa Charter on the Rights and Welfare of Children, Prohibition of female Genital Mutilation Act, Children Act among others.
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in GBV/FGM projects at community level with proven leadership experience
- Demonstrate understanding of latest developments, research and trends in the relevant aspects of the field of child protection.
- Experience in program design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and reporting
- Good understanding of State Department of Gender affairs operations, ANTI-FGM Board operations, Children Department, Child Protection, GBV/FGM programming models, standards and guidelines, Child protection Information Management guidelines and Systems
- Demonstrate ability to influence, network and collaborate with national and county level government, NGO and UN Agency on child protection initiatives.
- Proven track record as a staff and community trainer and capacity builder in Child Protection, GESI, Prevention and Response to Child Abuse/SGBV and other harmful cultural practices.
- Demonstrate good understanding and working experience in Advocacy Approaches and referral systems.
- Demonstrate understanding of a systems approach to child protection programming
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, Networking and Advocacy skills
- Demonstrate ability to manage resources efficiently and effectively.
- Be results oriented and team a player.
- Demonstrate experience in implementing faith and development models and working with faith leaders
- Must be a committed Christian who is able to stand above denominational and cultural diversity challenges
- Must be able to provide spiritual leadership within but not limited to daily devotions
- Excellent oral and written communications and relationship skills; Proficient in English and Kiswahili required
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only