Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
Part-Time position – (20 hours a week)
The Child Protection & Participation (CP&P) Knowledge Management & Communications Specialist/Advisor is responsible for designing and implementing knowledge management processes, systems and activities for the CP&P global sector, ensuring that strategic CP&P knowledge assets are documented, accessed and used to improve World Vision’s ability to protect the most vulnerable children from violence. Additionally, s/he is responsible for creating and implementing a communications plan to convey the impact of World Vision’s CP&P programming internally to staff and externally to key stakeholders.
In order to achieve this, the CP&P KM & Communications Specialist/Advisor will provide expert advice and stewardship to the CP&P Communities of Practice, leading the implementation of strategic KM objectives to ensure institutional knowledge and best practices within the sector are leveraged for impact. S/he will manage content development for the sector’s internal intranet website, the monthly CP&P Newsletter for internal practitioners, and for the sector’s external-facing website. S/he will develop tailored communication to promote the work of the CP&P sector to internal and external audiences.
Overall, this role seeks to establish a vibrant learning culture where data is systematically transformed into information and then into knowledge that leads to change – an environment where innovations and CP&P best practices are encouraged, documented and shared across the Partnership and externally.
Set Strategic Plans for KM and Communications
- Update, refine, and implement the sector KM work plan to support overall sector business objectives
- Collaborate with team members to develop targeted communication plans to promote CP&P external events, research, best practices, and team publications.
Create a knowledge-sharing culture to achieve CP&P business goals
- Promotes a vibrant CP&P Community of Practice that meets on a regular basis and works together effectively across teams and offices to further global CP&P priorities.
- Manages and nurtures the sector CoPs to create a conducive environment where knowledge is built, leveraged, retained, and shared to improve CP&P programming
- Spearhead dynamic learning experiences, processes, and activities to enable CoP members to collaborate, problem solve, and share solutions to common CP&P programming issues.
- Facilitates an appropriate flow of CP&P knowledge and learning between field office and global teams
Knowledge Curation, Communication, and Data Management
- Manage external CP&P team webpages, ensuring up-to-date information that reflects the impact of CP&P programming
- Curate, write, and edit sector newsletters and internal Partnership news articles
- Oversee, create, and maintain content for sector intranet webpages (SharePoint platform) to provide access to programme and project tools and best practice guidance
- Develop system and process for tracking CP&P programming across 60+ Field Offices
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Required Professional Experience:
- At least 5 years experiences in organizational communications, storytelling, community of practice management, or knowledge management
- Excellent writing, document editing, formatting and publication skills
- Contemporary and progressive ICT skills in KM platforms/software (MS Teams, SharePoint, web design, Articulate, Adobe Creative Suite)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to translate complicated ideas and technical language into simple language
- Strong collaboration and coordination skills and experience
- Webinar development and facilitation
- Knowledge Management training / and or experience
- Experience in formation and nurturing of virtual communities of practices, networks, etc.
- Experience in dealing with faith related issues in development
- Facilitation skills – virtual and F2F
- Website and publication design
- A bachelor’s degree in Knowledge Management Science, Organisational Communications, Business Management or Administration, Informational Technology, or a related field
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Experience in the field of child participation, child rights, and learning & development
- Experience leading organization-wide initiatives, strategic planning, and project management
You must be logged in to post a comment.