Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
Duties and Responsibilities
- Together with the consortium partners and secretariat technical teams, organize and facilitate Strategic/multiyear Plans/designs and budgets for the overall program
- Support review and update log frames, M&E Plans, Program indicators and periodic targets and detailed implementation plans.
- Support the development of clear and implementable work break down structure for respective program activities as needed
- Support the finance team to ensure realistic scheduling of program activities and budgets
- Identify and document the program assets and produce a Remote Sensing /GIS activity /program map.
Implementation, Technical Support and Quality Assurance
- Coordinate the successful roll out and implementation of all MEAL related initiatives in the program sites and by all consortium partners (All counties)
- Disseminate clear business processes for respective MEAL components to ensure consistent application and adherence to standards.
- Develop and support implementation of program MEAL annual calendars
- Lead the process of capacity assessments and capacity building for staff and for potential local partners.
- Ensure that respective staff and WVK implementing partners are provided with requisite MEAL technical support to perform.
- Coordinate effective implementation of program Activities in collaboration with key partners, technical leads and the Program Director at the secretariat
- Coordinate and facilitate timely review and sharing of all program documents; plans/designs and reports.
Monitoring, Reporting and Accountability:
- Establish and operationalize a digital data collection and beneficiary tracking system and database
- Take lead in the design of a monitoring framework to track delivery against program targets/objectives.
- Coordinate Monitoring activities of WVK and its implementing partners.
- Coordinate, participate and report on technical field monitoring visits.
- Ensure mechanisms for collating, & analyzing data, synthesizing information, updating the monitoring matrix and other monitoring systems are in place.
- Ensure timely dissemination of monitoring data to key stakeholders for management decision making.
- Support remote sensing and GIS Mapping of Program initiatives
- Ensure the development and appropriate use of information management systems in compliance with WV Kenya, GOK, and donor and in line with partnership agreements.
- Coordinate the compilation and submission of program management reports as per WV standards and donor requirements.
- Support establishment of accountability mechanisms for the program to enhance information sharing, complaints management and timely feedback flow.
Research, Learning and Knowledge Management
- Coordinate periodic reviews/evaluations of the program interventions using appropriate methodologies (such as LQAs) to determine achievements
- Ensure that the program assessments, feasibility studies and or characterization processes are conducted in a timely manner and quality reports are produced as per standard.
- Coordinate inter-county exchange meetings on MEAL for lessons learnt and upscale to regional and secretariat level intervention
- Establish effective knowledge management (KM) mechanisms including documentation and sharing of innovative/promising/best practices or lessons learned and impacts.
- Organize and conduct learning forums/events at regular points to facilitate learning by the partners
- Facilitate ongoing and collaborative learning within WVK and partners based on key data from the performance management system.
Qualification, Knowledge and Skills
- The holder of this position must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Natural Resource Management, Climate Change, Economics/statistics, or equivalent degree in a relevant field; A master’s degree in project planning and management, NRM, Climate Change, M&E or Statistics is an added advantage
- At least 7 years professional experience in Project/ Programme design implementation, M&E and quality learning cycles
- Results orientated person able to manage and satisfy multiple and at times conflicting organizational, donor and other stakeholder demands;
- Experience in the execution of development cooperation projects and consortiums
- Post graduate training in Program Planning and Management, M&E or Statistics, information Science, Climate Change/ Natural Resource Management or related studies is an added advantage
Must also have ample experience in Public relations and be a strong team player
Statistical training certification especially on data analysis, advanced excel, SPSS, On-line data collection platforms
Ability to build capacity of staff on relevant technical fields;
- Ability to take initiative, solve complex problems, exercise independent judgment;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision;
- A team player, capable of building staff and partners in climate change and natural resource management
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, and emotional maturity
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts;
- Excellent English communication skills (both oral and written).
- Experience working in arid and semi arid and interfaith contexts.
- Office based environment with frequent travel to the field;
- Travel required: up to 50% domestic travel and occasional international travel
- Available to represent MEAL issues at critical functions and moments as needed;
- On call to serve on emergency and crisis response team and;
- Available to serve on other teams and working groups as requested.
- Committed Christian who is able to stand above denominational and cultural diversity challenges
- Ability to provide spiritual leadership within but not limited to chapel and daily devotions;
- Outstanding oral and written communications and relationship skills,
- Excellent coordination and conflict management skills
You must be logged in to post a comment.