IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.
As a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Learn more about our work at wvi.org.
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Designation: Project Manager
Grade Level: 14
Reporting Line: Project Director
Project Name: KOICA-Sustainable Environmental and Ecosystem Development (SEED) Project
Technical and Strategic leadership and management
- Responsible for the in the coordination and implementation of all the climate change, environmental and livelihoods activities of the SEED project.
- Ensure that the project deliverables are achieved effectively and timely as per the proposal/work plan and meeting donor expectation and regularly review project status
- Ensure that project initiatives meet or exceed planned outcomes and are implemented in full compliance with the KOICA and WV (Kenya and Korea and other relevant partnership and international standards and guidelines;
- Provide effective, innovative and strategic leadership and direction to the Project staff from WV Kenya and other stakeholders within the project.
- Develop appropriate implementation strategies for the Project as per approved PDD and budgets through quarterly, monthly and weekly activity work plans (4D Matrices) and budgets
- Ensure focused quality, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project’s interventions on increased agricultural production, economic development, livelihood development, sustainable Local Value Chain Development, WASH environmental conservation and climate change adaptation activities.
- Work with the accountant to monitor and support the timely and appropriate utilization of budgeted resources for all project interventions.
- Ensure social inclusion (mainstreaming gender and youth) and conflict sensitive programming.
- Ensure that professional development activities, including performance appraisals, performance agreements, monitoring and needed training and mentoring activities are carried out successfully.
- Engage with and manage relationships between Partners, and act as the main link between the project and World Vision Korea.
- Ensure integration of the grant with the Area Programme’s and Technical Programmes’ objectives and Child Well- being outcomes in-line with the WVK Strategic priorities.
Quality Assurance – Implementation, Monitoring, Reporting and Evaluation
- Supervise and monitor project interventions in strict adherence to WV Kenya, Kenya government & WV KOREA regulations and other agreed standards.
- Develop, with support of WVK project staff a detailed plan that will support delivery of the project objectives throughout the project period appreciating the unique context.
- Ensure timely and effective implementation of all project interventions as well as the successful achievement of proposed outcomes and intended impacts
- Ensure timely and appropriate utilization of the budgeted project resources in full adherence to the donor set standards.
- Develop monitoring plan with communities and partners agreeing on the required standards for monitoring, with support from the MEAL Officer.
- Organize annual review meetings for planning and monitoring of project activities.
- Ensure that an effective and participatory and effective M&E system is established in a decentralized manner including horizon and or any other approved World Vison Kenya (WVK) DM&E system.
- In Liaison with project Accountant, track project implementation expenditure levels, manage work plans and budgets to ensure Project expenditure remains within acceptable levels
- Ensure that the project achieves acceptable financial and operational audit results by implementing activities in accordance with established norm and policies whilst maintaining acceptable audit rating
- Proactively enforce controls and checks as well as ensure effective and timely response plans to all financial audit findings and take the needed measures to prevent future recurrence.
- Ensure timely baseline survey of the Project and dissemination of findings to all partners including GoK while ensuring streamlining implementation in respect to the outcomes of the survey.
- Support the project officers to set up and maintain effective complaints and feedback mechanisms to ensure that beneficiary concerns are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensure submission of timely and quality periodic (monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports) to the Cluster Manager, Project Director and Technical team at the National Office and WV KOREA.
- Work closely with the communications department to ensure regular documentation of best practices, success stories / innovation and lessons learnt over the project implementation period for sharing across the partnership
- Ensure production and dissemination of communications resources for the project to key stakeholders
- Identification and sharing of capacity building gaps among project staff, communities and other relevant stakeholders.
- Support Capacity Building Programme of the project team
- Impart appropriate mentoring, coaching and supervision in order to equip, motivate and empower Project teams within WVK
- Lead in the capacity building initiatives for staff and communities to enable them effectively advocate for and implement project interventions.
- Ensure ongoing coaching and mentoring of project staff in order to ensure that they are able to perform and achieve the desired results.
- Work together with other stakeholders to ensure that key trainings meet the standard required to facilitate, provide knowledge and required skills set on economic empowerment initiatives and practices.
Partnership, Coordination and Networking
- Strengthen networking with relevant government departments especially Ministries of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries & Cooperative Development, Water and Irrigation, Environment, Forestry and Natural Resources, and any other relevant line ministries to lobby for their active participation in building relevant structures for sustainability.
- Forge partnerships with private partners including formal/microfinance institutions to leverage on technical capacity development for farmers, extension support, inputs, financial services, market access and water services
- Organize and convene/chair meetings for joint planning and progress review
- Ensure adequate representation with the Government of Kenya officials (National and County), private sector, Civil Society Groups, including Faith-Based Groups.
- Ensure active engagement on policy at both the National and County level on issues to do with the Financial inclusion, Sanitation, food and nutrition security, environmental conservation and sustainable use of natural resources.
- Create good working relations with the County governors/ Executive Committee Members as well as Legislative arm of the County Governments.
- Ensure that Project interventions are in synergy with other related Programs within the County for sustainability.
- Organize integrated review meetings for WVK staff and the donor.
- Increase visibility of the project by maintaining active engagement and advocacy of Women Economic Empowerment, Livelihood Development, WASH, Agriculture development, Food and nutrition security, environment and natural resource Management at county and national levels.
- Work with partners to engage in advocacy activities with the government structures at the County level, to address the needs of local communities and inform national level advocacy initiatives
- Work with community groups to utilize advocacy approaches such as Citizen Voice and Action (CVA) to enable service users and local partners to engage directly with local government service providers to improve the quality of government services for children and to generate information and evidence for use in national level advocacy work.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics, Natural Resource Management, Environmental Science, Project Management, or equivalent. Experience in climate change programming will be an added advantage.
- A postgraduate training in Project Management, Monitoring & Evaluation, Economics, Agriculture, Environmental Studies or related field will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in humanitarian and development agency 3 of which must be in leadership, Project management and integrated livelihood and development projects.
- Must be results orientated leader with performance-based management knowledge who can manage and satisfy multiple and at times conflicting organizational, donor and other stakeholder demands;
- Excellent conflict management skills, strong team player., with ample experience in capacity building, public relations, and good coordination skills
- Experience supporting strategic programme development including successful proposal development for humanitarian donors
- Strong evidence of good interpersonal and communication skills
- Budgetary and financial management skills
- Highly flexible and organized, able to manage multiple, simultaneous demands and willing to take on new tasks on an ad hoc basis
- Ability to work both on own initiative and as part of a team in a high-pressure environment while adhering to deadlines.
- Ability to coordinate government and private sector players for effective support and implementation of Program interventions
- Ability to design and conduct assessments, surveys, and information management
- Experience in working with partnerships, including county governments, civil society, donors and local community’s structures;
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, and ability to work with a wide range of people from different backgrounds;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including report-writing and formal communication and presentation skills
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only