Designation: People & Culture Office-Talent Acquisition
Reporting Line: Senior Manager-People & Culture
Job Location: Nairobi
Recruitment & Selection
- Provide staffing services to the National Office ensuring that World Vision recruits the right people in the right place at the right time.
- Ensure achievement of World Vision’s diverse staffing needs by providing proactive sourcing; accountable, transparent, and focused recruitment processes; and expert support to hiring managers
- Provide technical guidance to the hiring managers in the development of job descriptions and ensure that proposed jobs are subjected to hay evaluation and are aligned to the approved WVK structures.
- Coordinate and guide the selection process including short listing and interviewing candidates
- Conduct candidates screening in accordance to the WVK Polices
- negotiate pay package for successful candidates and extend employment offers to successful candidates
- Provide timely updates to the Hiring managers and P & C teams to ensure smooth staff orientation and induction.
- Ensure timely management of recruitment related conflicts and disputes
- Provide timely reports i.e. recruitment plans, interview reports and recruitment status reports.
Employee Contract Management
- Administer employment contracts, ensuring that appointments, contract renewals, contract extensions and separations are effected timely as per policy.
- Coordinate changes in employee movement including acting appointments, promotions transfers, deployments, special appointments, to ensure timely appointments and advise payroll accordingly.
- Track respective Grants Cycle and ensure timely staff contracts renewals and extensions and non-renewals are effected.
- Ensure compliance of Contract management process with employment legislation to avoid litigation.
- Process staff separations owing to resignations, terminations, retirements, end of contracts, death among others to ensure timely update of such changes on staff records, People & Culture Information System and payroll processes and work with hiring managers to ensure timely replacements of such separated staff who need to be replaced.
- Ensure completeness and correctness of staff data on People & Culture Information Systems and conduct periodic reviews to ensure that errors are maintained at 0%
- Provide accurate and timely contracts management status reports.
Work Force planning & Grants Acquisition
- Collaborate with Directors to ensure timely development and implementation of Work Force Plans (WFP)
- Provide recruitment expertise during the Proposal development/ grant acquisition process to ensure that proposed grants have the right structures, staffing levels and Job Descriptions that meet the required standards.
- Identify and analyze staffing needs from the WFP and the Grants Acquisition process and collaborate with line managers for strategic prepositioning of staffing capacity.
- Develop and ensure updated pool of qualified candidates Contextualization and implementation of Diversity plan.
Collaboration & Networks
- Actively participate in roll out of P & C initiatives
- Participate in committees and taskforces, as assigned
- Participation in Inter agency workgroups and other Networks
Qualification, Knowledge and Skills
- University degree in Human Resource Management or related field
- A minimum of four years’ experience in human resources in the Humanitarian Sector in a similar role
- Extensive experienced in recruiting, interviewing and conducting job evaluations.
- Experience in use of HR Information systems for recruitment and employee data management
- Experience in Grants Acquisition process and recruitment and management of Human Resources in Emergencies
- Experienced in cross-cultural environment.
- Knowledgeable on local and international labor legislations
- Training and experiences in Child Protection and safeguarding and In-depth knowledge and application of Core Humanitarian principles are ad added advantage
- A professional diploma in Human Resources Management is required if the first degree is not in HRM
- Licensed Practicing Member of the IHRM or equivalent recognized Professional body
- Training and experiences in Child Protection and safeguarding
- In-depth knowledge and application of Core Humanitarian principles
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only