Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
- Monitor the electrical transmission and distribution system, as well as the entire Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system for proper oil extraction operation, under minimal supervision.
- Follow standard operating procedures for safe start up and shutdown of the oil extraction plant.
- Ensure pre-start up, start up, operational, and shut down checklists are completed before plant operations commence.
- Utilize SCADA data to coordinate field fault diagnostics and manual operations.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the working area.
- Answer emergency trouble calls and other types of after-hours phone-calls and determine appropriate actions.
- Recall on-call maintenance teams to facilitate repairs on emergency trouble calls occurring outside of normal working hours, weekends, or holidays.
- Maintain various operational records and logs and produce operational reports.
- Oversee the flow of information and reports, coordinate actions when necessary, and ensure response plans are followed during emergencies and natural disasters.
- Interface closely with the operations In-charge and maintenance to ensure key operational matters are performed, communicated and documented.
- Monitor and oversee the primary electrical system using SCADA, receive system alarms to locate trouble areas.
- Maintain a log of operations to reflect any/all system concerns and operational actions taken.
- Identify SCADA operational malfunctions, request corrective actions, and report uncorrected malfunctions.
- Follow standard procedures and switching orders in accordance with standard operating and safe switching practices.
- Ensure smooth transition of position during shift operations.
- Using drawings, trace and determine facilities affected by outages, and then notify the shift in-charge.
- Comply with all HSE safety regulations and adhere to proper codes and standards with a thorough understanding of safety procedures related to Electrical Systems.
- Handle any other duties assigned by management from time to time.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering or Mechatronics Engineering
- A Minimum of 3 years related work experience.
- Fluent knowledge of English.
- 2 years operator experience in vegetable oil extraction plant.
- Firefighting & HSE basic courses preferred.
- Experience with troubleshooting of plant upsets and taking corrective action.
- Experience with reading and logging SCADA information.
- Experience with shift report writing.
- Commissioning and Start-Up.
- Decommissioning and Land Transportation Management.
- HSEQ General (Generic).
- Organization Processes: Internal Standard, Site Management.
- Supports and technologies: Standard ISO, TQM and Quality system, technical requirement and Standard.
- Compliance: Local/National and International Standard and Codes, Health, Safety, Environment, Quality.
- Ability to read and interpret P&IDs and PFDs.
You must be logged in to post a comment.