Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
Carbon Project Lead
We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably and responsibly solve some of the world’s key challenges – resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara East Africa Ltd is as subsidiary of Yara International ASA , a world’s leading fertilizer company and a provider of environmental solutions. Yara grows knowledge to responsibly feed the world and protect the planet, to fulfill our vision of a collaborative society, a world without hunger and a planet respected. We provide growers with key knowledge and best practices to sustainably improve their crop yields, quality, and profitability.
Yara East Africa has been in operation in Kenya for the past 25 years; importing and distributing fertilizer to farmers. Yara has also developed crop specific fertilizers (YaraMila, YaraBela, YaraLiva and YaraVita) crop programs to supply complete balanced crop nutrition for a wide range of arable, horticultural, grassland, fruit and forage crops and as well as offering capacity building programs to farmers.
A self-motivated, mission-driven professional with experience and working knowledge of carbon concepts and monetization and a solid understanding of how to develop and manage new innovative projects.
- Articulately present benefits of carbon sequestration, offsetting, insetting and the associated credits to potential stakeholders.
- Lead farmer on-boarding into the applicable carbon project.
- Design, create and implement monitoring tools that accurately tracks adherence to Regenerative Agriculture practices at farm level.
- In conjunction with marketing department, develop appropriate communication tools and messages to the relevant audience.
- Lead coordinate third party teams with carbon project audits.
- Conduct awareness campaigns among target groups.
- Closely monitor and report on project status, costs and projected revenues.
- Identify new business development opportunities.
- University graduate with educational background in Project Management/Agriculture field with strong knowledge on Regenerative Agriculture/Agronomy related projects.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with project development, carbon markets.
- Experienced in carbon removal, agriculture and/or emission reduction projects.
- Experience in due diligence analysis and presenting opportunities for investment.
- Proven record of interpreting regulatory or protocol requirements applicable to carbon markets within East Africa.
You must be logged in to post a comment.