Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Objective of the Position
The Youth Clinic Manger is responsible for defining, coordinating and monitoring all the activities of the Dandora Youth Friendly Centre (YFC) according to MSF principles, protocols, and standards and in line with the national guidelines for Adolescents and Youth Friendly Services (AYFS) in order to provide safe, friendly space in the YFC, where adolescent can freely interact and seek the different services.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Actively identifying the needs of the adolescents and youth in the catchment area and participating in defining appropriate strategies, objectives, specific actions and budget for both medical and social activities of the Youth Friendly Centre including outreach activities.
- Supervising all the Youth Friendly Centre activities, in and outside the centre.
- In close collaboration with the Data supervisor, PC, MTL/MAM and the IECHP manager, identifying indicators in order to monitor the activities’ results and achievements (medical & social) and using the concrete tools to measure and follow up those indicators.
- Ensure adherence to the principles of youth friendly services according to the Kenya national guidelines for Adolescents and Youth Friendly Services (AYFS).
- Promoting the youth/community participatory approach as a main pillar of the Youth friendly services.
- Ensuring adherence to the agreed medical guidelines (MSF/MOH) and to the medical objectives of the project.
- Refining of the tools used to monitor the standards of the Youth Friendly Center (Qualitative indicators) e.g. satisfactory surveys and other youth/community feedback mechanisms.
- Supporting in designing and development of additional youth tailored IEC materials (posters, leaflets, multimedia content, etc.).
- Mapping of partners involved in Youth targeted activities who can collaborate with MSF towards more holistic services, building cooperative relationships and identifying opportunities for synergies and joint advocacy
- Planning and supervising the HR/Fin procedures (recruitment, training, evaluation, Learning & development, internal communication and cash box management) in accordance with MSF vision, values and procedures.
- Ensuring regular collaboration and coordination with the other MSF managers and supervisors and attending the project’s fortnightly manager’s meeting.
- Participating in the monthly reports according to guidelines (Sit Reps, statistical reports, etc.), and timely reporting complex situations to the Med Ref and/or Project Coordinator in order to help with decision making.
- Participating in updating the security risk analysis as needed and play the role of the focal person for security follow up in the YFC, he or she is responsible to timely report security incidents to the PC.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Essential: University degree in social sciences, social communication, health promotion or related studies. or related fields
- Essential : 4 years of previous work experience in related jobs (health promotion, project coordination, social research) with MSF or other NGOs.
- Desirable : 2 years of experience in working in youth/ community participatory programs is an added value
- Fluent in English and Swahili
- People management, Commitment, Flexibility, Results oriented and Teamwork.
How to Apply
Applicants MUST be Kenyan nationals and have the necessary statutory documents (ID, NSSF, NHIF, and a PIN certificate). Candidates meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit a motivation letter and an updated Curriculum Vitae as a single file mentioning on the subject line “Youth Clinic Manager” to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 01st December 2023