Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Position: Chief Executive Officer
Report to: The Technical Committee
Grade: IGRTC Grade 1
Salary: 319,346.00 – 420,865.00
House Allowance: KES 80,000.00
Other Allowances: KES 60,000.00
Leave Allowance: As per the existing allowances in the Committee
Annual Leave: 30 working days
Medical Cover: As per the existing scheme in the Committee
Terms of Service: Six-year single term contract
The job holder is the Chief Executive/Secretary and Accounting Officer of IGRTC.
The job holder is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the affairs of the Secretariat.
The job holder is responsible for the implementation of the decisions arising from the intergovernmental relations structures established under Section 8, 12 and 19 of the Intergovernmental Relations Act 2012 and the COK, 2010 Article 6 and 189.
The job holder is responsible for the maintaining of accurate records on financial matters and resource use.
The job holder is responsible for ensuring the preparation and approval of the budget for the required funding of the operational expenses of the Summit, the Council and the Technical Committee.
- Provide strategic management in the implementation of the decisions of the Summit, and the Technical Committee;
- Design and manage the implementation of the IGRTC’s strategies and policies to facilitate the Committee’s programs and activities.
- Facilitate the establishment of procedures and guidelines for the committee functions for the achievement of the requirements of the Committee.
- Ensure development of key policies and strategies for respective support divisions.
- Provide strategic management in the budgeting process for the Committee, negotiate with the National Treasury and manage the overall implementation of the procurement plan.
- Organization, control and management of staff of the Secretariat;
- Advise the Committee on reforms and change initiatives in support services;
- Implement government circulars;
- Support the Committee in advisory to the Summit on progress of devolution and matters of national interest and any other assignment issued by the Summit or the board from time to time;
- Organize forums to communicate to the county secretaries on progress of devolution and matters of intergovernmental issues.
- Initiates the development of key accountability measures, set targets for the Staff and appraise staff against agreed set targets;
- Establishment and development of an efficient administration of the Secretariat;
- Plan and manage the management services functions of the committee.
- Coordinate the day-to-day management of the Committee’s management services functions.
- Monitor and ensure effective and efficient performance of all the co-functions of management services
- Ensure the committee is adequately resourced by professional and competent personnel.
- Integrate appropriate technology in support services.
- Oversee the overall logistics and fleet management for the Committee and Secretariat
- Oversee the annual accounting process for the Committee in line with the requirements of the Public Finance Management Act and other standards and regulations
- Coordinate development of a reporting system for result management of all support services.
- Review findings on monitoring and evaluation of all support functions with a view to recommending areas of improvement
- Oversee organization human resource and ensure appropriate management structures and human resource policies and procedures are developed and implemented
- Strong management and organization skills;
- Strong analytical skills with ability to pay attention to details;
- Ability to observe and understand business processes; ensure processes are documented completely and accurately;
- Self-driven individual with ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to maintain the highest standards of ethics, confidentiality and professionalism;
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure;
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Business Administration, Human Resource Management, Economics, Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Planning and Management, Communication, Public Policy and Management, Leadership and Governance/Management or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in Kenya.
Professional Qualifications/Membership to professional bodies
- Be a member of a professional body in good standing;
- Meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution and attach clearance certificates from DCI- Certificate of good conduct, EACC, HELB -Compliance Certificate, KRA – Compliance Certificate and CRB
– Clearance Certificate
Previous relevant work experience required.
- Have at least ten (10) years post graduate experience in public service three
- of which should be in the level of Director or an equivalent senior management and/or administration position.
Have served in a reputable organisation for ten (10) years, five (5) of which should be in a senior management position.
- Knowledge of Intergovernmental Relations, devolution, and public sector administration and management shall be an added advantage.
- Have demonstrable competence in administration of not less than five (5) years;
- Candidates must meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and attach all relevant clearance certificates when submitting their applications.
- Candidates should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- IGRTC is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. Therefore, people with disabilities, the marginalized and the minorities are encouraged to apply.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications should reach the Committee on or before 4th July 2022 latest 5.00 pm
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications to;
Intergovernmental Relations Technical Committee
Parklands Plaza, Chiromo Lane/Muthithi Road Junction, Westlands
P.O Box 44880-00100
Through email; email@example.com, Subject of the email “Chief Executive Officer”