Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Objective of the Position:
Participate in defining, planning and monitoring medical and humanitarian Emergency programs in Kenya in accordance with MSF’s protocols as well as coordinating human and material-related resources needed in order to ensure the quality of care provided by MSF.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
She/he will perform the following main tasks, among others:
- In collaboration with the Medical Coordinator and the Medical team, MoH partners, define the surveillance, monitoring mechanism and tools for epidemic disease potentially recurrent within the country, according to MSF Eprep strategic plans, standards and protocols.
- Launch an exploratory mission as results of an alert from epidemic disease surveillance report, outbreak and natural catastrophe or conflicts situations within the country and develop the project proposal.
- Responsible for the medical data collection, analysis and reporting to the Medical Coordination in the capital in order to ensure a proper monitoring of the Emergency Intervention/ project.
- Provides technical support to medical personnel in the field through self-knowledge and policies, ensuring compliance with the protocols of MSF medical activities.
- Coordinates, supervises, coaches, supports and evaluates the Emergency team members’ performance to improve the medical and non-medical components of the Emergency intervention/project while ensuring compliance with MSF protocols and standards as well as MoH protocols.
- Collaboration with the Mission Epidemiologist to establish functional network with the county disease surveillance team and/or Epidemiologist. Update the EPREP strategic plan annually and the county profile.
- Supervises an efficient management of the MSF Emergency/project pharmacy and medical equipment, in collaboration with the Logistics department. Monitors consumption and preparation of medical orders.
- Implements the health policy for international and national staff, providing all prophylactic and preventive necessary measures, emergency plans, managing any medical evacuation in order to ensure MSF staff health.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Education: Medical doctor or paramedical degree. Desirable specialization or training in Emergency and project Management Course.
- Experience: Essential 2 years working experience in paramedics and previous MSF field experience.
- Skills/ Competencies: People Management and Coaching skills; Planning and organization; Strategic; Flexibility & adaptability; Results and Quality Orientation; Teamwork; Commitment to MSF Principles; Culturally Sensitive.
- Knowledge: Computer literate (MS Office Suite).
- Language: Proficiency in written and oral English & Kiswahili
Method of Application
Applicants MUST be Kenyan nationals and have the necessary statutory documents (ID, NSSF, NHIF and a PIN certificate). Candidates meeting the above qualifications are requested to ONLY submit a motivation letter and an updated curriculum vitae as a single file (in pdf format), mentioning on the subject email line “Project Medical Referent/Mission Emergency Focal Person”, to:
The HR Coordinator
Medecins Sans Frontieres (Belgium) Nairobi, Kenya