Closing date: 10 Mar 2017 Country: Kenya City: Nairobi
Organization: Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development
Theme: Safety and Security
Career categories: Program/Project Management
Job years of experience: 3-5 years
Job type: Job
Position: Security Officer
Direct hierarchy: Country Security Manager
Contract duration: Six Months (with possible extension)
Location: Nairobi – with frequent travels to Somalia and Kenya field offices
Starting date : March 2017**
Background on ACTED
ACTED (Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development) is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context. Their 3,300 staff is committed in to responding to emergencies worldwide, to supporting recovery and rehabilitation, towards sustainable development. ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the below position in Nairobi Kenya.
This position will support the security manager ensure that the security standards of ACTED staff are high and ensure high-
level security of all ACTED assets, property and resources within ACTED sphere of influence and context of operations. They will acquire operational comprehensive understanding of ACTED program in Kenya and Somalia and provide support and advice in terms of security. He/she is accountable for compliance of ACTED security and safety guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Context analysis· Provide regular contextual security report and share with Security Manager.
2. Security Assessments
· In concert with Kenya/Somalia Security Department, carry out security assessments and evaluations (Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS) self-assessment) in all ACTED area, particularly in Somalia.
· Update Security risks assessment, SOPs and others security documents as appropriate and share with Coordination and all
local staff and ensure the security notice rules are applied.
3. Operational support
· Report any damage to perimeter fence, warehouse or other structures to the Logistics team.
· Ensure constant update of the emergency contact list and timely issuance of ID cards.
· Ensure a proper level of preparation before movement on the field, transportation means are adapted, a good fleet
maintenance, and set movement rules which are adapted to the local context to support the Logistic team in Country. Ensure
Operational follow-up of movements.
4. Briefing and training
· Provide security briefings for all incoming ACTED staff with follow-up periodically or when applicable.
· Provide security briefing to staff as needed and ensure that all staffs adhere to security policies and procedures. This
includes briefing to all newly recruited staff joining ACTED, and induction briefings for visiting personnel.
5. Liaison with humanitarian, military, community and other actors
· Establish a strong relationship with others security actors, including INGO, SNGO and agencies working in the security
· Share security updates with ACTED coordination.
· Report on all compound security and reporting from bases on agreed time-frames.
· Fill reports in case of security incident and follow up as appropriate.
· Fill the incident data base for Kenya/Somalia and centralize the national incident data base.
· Participate in the writing/updating of Country Security Plan and annexes.
· Record the field security focal points in the Security Monitoring Plan daily.
· Ensure proper filing/file maintenance of security related documents.
· Bachelor degree in Arts, Social Sciences, Management, or a related security field. However, a diploma in security
management backed by strong relevant technical experience will also be considered.
· A minimum of three years relevant experience on security, preferably at a management position, in an NGO.
· Deep and clear understanding of humanitarian principles and activities.
· Good understanding of security procedures and equipment.
· In-depth knowledge of security management and risk management.
· Excellent resistance to stressful situations.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective work relations at all levels.
· Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision, pro-active and a good team-player.
· Demonstrable experience in report writing and analysis.
· Fluency in Somali language is an added advantage.
This position will require frequent travel to ACTED’s areas of intervention in Kenya and Somalia
How to apply:
Application Procedure:Qualified Kenya/Somalia persons with the required skills and qualifications are invited to submit their detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter email@example.com
and received on or before 10th March 2017. Applications sent after the deadline will not be
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Get a free review of your CV send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.
JOIN OUR TELEGRAM GROUP FOR MORE JOBS