Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
I &M Bank Limited (a regional Bank with a fast growing branch network around the country) is looking to set up a Digital factory to drive its digital strategy. The Digital factory will work under a special function hived off from the day to day operations and will collaborate with different functions of the Bank to deliver solutions that are customer centric in design and that will radically simplify business requirements and scale fast to full utilization using a clean sheet approach to deliver the desired value.
The Bank is looking to recruit a competent and highly motivated individual for the following position:
REF: DS /12/2020 – DATA SCIENTIST
We are looking for a data scientist that will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products.
The Incumbent will report to the GM, Products and Channels or any other official as may be designated and will be responsible for:
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in computer science, math, software engineering, statistics, data science or a related technical field.
- 7+ years’ experience in data science role
- Knowledge of programming languages like SQL, Python, and R
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau)
- Strong mathematics skills (e.g., statistics, algebra)
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Exceptional technical writing skills
- Ability to communicate complex data in a simple, actionable way
- Ability to visualize data in the most effective way possible for a given project or study
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with machine learning and AI
- Familiarity with data management tools
- Ability to work independently and with team members from different backgrounds
- Excellent attention to detail
If you believe you meet the above requirements, please send your application together with comprehensive curriculum vitae indicating your qualifications, present position, salary expectations and names and contacts of three referees. Your application should reach the address below as soon as possible but not later than 8th January 2021. Please quote reference number followed by the position applied for in the application. Email: email@example.com
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.