Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
VACANCY: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER: Job Ref: EHC/1660/2022
REWARDING CAREER OPPORTUNITY
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER: Job Ref: EHC/1660/2022
(Three (3) year contract renewable once on satisfactory performance)
The information and communication technology Authority is a state corporation under the Ministry of Information and Communication and Technology. The Corporation was established in August 2013.
The Authority is tasked with rationalizing and streamlining the management of all Government of Kenya ICT functions. Its broad mandate entails enforcing ICT standards in Government and enhancing the supervision of its electronic communication. The Authority also promotes ICT literacy, capacity, innovation and enterprise in line with the Kenya National ICT Master Plan 2017.
To strengthen our management team, we wish to recruit highly motivated professional to fill the position of:
Vacancies – 1: Chief Executive Officer — ICTA 1
The Chief Executive Officer is responsible to the Board of Directors for management and administration of all activities of the Authority. In addition, the CEO will provide strategic leadership and direction to the Authority in the running of day to day activities in order to active ICTA’s mandate in line with ICTA’s strategic plan and Government Policy.
- Formulate, implement and review of policies, procedures and regulations for ICTA
- Provide strategic leadership and ensuring excellence in provision of services at the ICTA;
- Spearhead development agenda of the ICTA including formulation of projects and programmes;
- Facilitate the delivery of quality ICT programmes in inculcating core national values;
- Facilitate ICT professionals to contribute to National Development priorities;
- Facilitate Research and Development on ICT trends;
- Establish a sustainable resource base at ICTA;
- Enhance the Capacity of ICTA’s Human Resource base;
- Responsible for stakeholder management and enhancement of the corporate image of ICTA;
- Ensures that ICTA utilizes its resources according to the financial guidelines provided by Government from time to time;
- Ensure accurate and timely audits are co books of accounts
- Enhance collaboration and engagement with stakeholders and partners in support of development agenda of ICTA;
- Ensure sound risk and management and good internal controls systems;
- Executive and communicate ICTA’s strategies ,decisions and policies
- Ensure ICTA has an effective management structure including succession management plans;
- Ensure continuous improvement in the quality and value of services provided by ICTA;
- Oversee and ensure implementation of corporate policies and programmes ; and
- Maintain a conducive work environment for attracting ,retaining and motivating employees;
For appointment to this grade an officer must have:-
- Served in a relevant position for at least fifteen (15) years working in the Public Service or in the Private Sector; Seven (7) of which in Senior Management position;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines;-Information Communication Technology, Finance , Law or related field from a recognized institution
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines:-Information Communication Technology, Finance, Law or related field from a recognized institution.
- Leadership course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Membership to a relevant professional body;
- Certificate in computer application skills;
- Meets the provision of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
Competencies and Skills
- Communicating with impacts;
- Leading and managing people;
- Applying expertise;
- Planning and organizing;
- Leading and managing performance;
- Financial and resource management;
- Customer and Stakeholder orientation;
- Formulating policy ,strategies and concepts;
- Leading change programmes and projects
- Decision making
- Strategic visioning and entrepreneurial thinking
- Political astuteness and diplomacy
- Collaboration and partnerships;
- Coaching and mentoring;
- Persuading and influencing;
- Relating and networking; and
- Technological Savviness
Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 by submitting or having initiated the following valid compliance certificates;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Directorate of Criminal Investigation(DCI);
- Certificate of compliance from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Current Self Declaration form from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC), and
- Certificate from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
How to Apply
Email your application letter accompanied with a copy of the National Identity Card/Passport, current detailed CV in PDF format clearly indicating your current position, scanned copies of academic and professional testimonials, current and expected remuneration to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before close of business on Wednesday 25th May 2022.
ICT Authority is an equal opportunity Employer and Women, Youth and People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.