Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
To monitor and control water treatment, ferti-irrigation processes, greenhouse climate for the R&D site.
• Ensures sterilization of irrigation water as per the protocols to achieve the set standards.
• Ensures conditioning/treatment of drinking water to make it fit for human consumption.
• Samples the different input and drain solutions in different crops and crop stages for analysis by site lab or an accredited laboratory whenever required.
• Ensures, through active consultation, that correct recipes as formulated by the Quality & Agronomy Lead are adopted as per the crop needs/lab analysis for quality seed production.
• Ensures timely requisition and mixing of fertilizer in the different stations within the R&D site.
• Ensures timely dosing of various fertilizer recipes, at the Main station and sub stations to achieve the desired target pH/EC.
• Monitors irrigation of the crops in the greenhouses to ensure it is done with prevailing weather conditions in mind.
• Ensures greenhouse climate is controlled through setting the right parameters for each crop on the climate computer(s) to achieve conducive growing conditions.
• Ensures that all Fertigation machines and equipment (including drip lines) are in good working condition and promptly report any malfunction for repair.
• Supports the production team on matters regarding water management to achieve a healthy crop throughout the growing cycle.
• Facilitates Crop protection activities through drip irrigation (drenching) in liaison with the Crop Protection Supervisor when needed.
• Ensures all irrigation and Climate related data is collected, tabulated and presented on time for analysis and decision making.
• Ensures supervisors on duty are briefed on fertigation processes including trouble shooting and reporting during weekends and or holiday duties for prompt remedial action in case of system failure.
• Ensures all equipment and structures are serviced regularly, calibrated and records kept accordingly (In liaison with the Quality and Agronomy Lead & NSPP Technician -Engineering Operations).
• Ensures adherence to Phytosanitary standards in all Fertigation processes to control plant pathogens.
• Ensures all QMS documents related to irrigation are reviewed regularly to update any process changes.
• Enforces HSE rules and regulations and champions the implementation of the Syngenta HSE policy in all business operations.
• Any other tasks & projects as may be allocated from time to time.
Qualifications and Work Experience
• Minimum Diploma in Water and irrigation management, Horticulture/Agriculture or related field.
• Up to 3yrs in a relevant field
• Knowledge in hydroponics preferred
Work Related Skills
• Computer skills
• Communication skills.
• Analytical skills
• Organizational skills
• Team player
How To Apply