Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
1. The Organisation
The Maasai Mara Wildlife Conservancies Association (MMWCA)
http://www.maraconservancies.org/ is a membership organisation of all the Mara conservancies, open to any existing or upcoming wildlife conservancy whose land is part of or integral to the greater Maasai Mara ecosystem. MMWCA is one of the Kenya Wildlife Conservancies Association’s members (http://kwcakenya.com/), contributing to the growth and development of conservancies nationally. MMWCA serves to meet three primary objectives:
i. Provide a convening space for open discussions, a hub for knowledge sharing and coordination across conservancies; a voice for advocacy; and driving policy in the interest of conservancies and conservation-related issues across the Mara.
ii. Support the creation and development of conservancies and their
neighbouring areas across the greater Mara ecosystem as a sustainable form
of land use and provide mechanisms for equitable and value-based benefit
sharing to sustain land under conservation.
iii. Lead and/or implement development and conservation programmes across member conservancies to facilitate coordination, collaboration and synergetic action.
2. Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer to develop performance monitoring plans and other project monitoring, evaluation and learning tools in line with multi-donor requirements, MMWCA guidelines and procedures and consultation with the programmes team and partners
- Assist in the upgrade of M&E systems and processes. Recommend information, tools and resources to improve performance, impact, and reach;
- Coordinate with MMWCA staff, conservancies and partners to collect data against agreed indicators;
- Engage with MMWCA staff to collect and manage essential data for their respective projects;
- Develop standardised tools for data collection and provide training to MMWCA staff members and conservancies on data collection;
- Ensure quality and credible data are collected;
- Provide feedback to MMWCA staff and partners on projects’ performance based on monitoring data findings;
- Analyse data and provide periodic reports on the progress and challenges of MMWCA activities.
- Assist in building the capacity of MMWCA staff and partners on planning,monitoring and evaluation; and
- To be a key contributor to Digital Acceleration activities, e.g. end-user testing of new systems, identifying data issues, and organising remedial action to enable system releases.
- Develop mid-term and end-term evaluation terms of reference;
- Assist in developing key evaluation questions;
- Assist the Senior M&E Officer in designing, coordinating and conducting project evaluations;
- Support the dissemination of evaluation findings;
- Assist the Senior M&E officer in providing a management response to evaluation findings and recommendations; and
- Track the implementation status of evaluation recommendations.
iii. Reporting and Documentation
- Assist the Senior M&E Officer in developing progress reports, including quarterly and annual reports; and
- Update and maintain the MMWCA M&E database.
- Assist the Chief Programmes Officer and Senior M&E Officer in the project planning and budgeting processes, ensuring alignment of annual work plans and budgets to project logical framework and performance plans;
- Assist MMWCA staff in reviewing project plans during the project planning processes; and
- Ensure quality of data/statistics in project plans.
v. Learning and Sharing
- Assist in developing project learning agenda and questions;
- Ensure identification, synthesis and documentation of emerging lessons and experiences from project activities to share knowledge within the project implementation team and implementing partners within the region and beyond;
- Support the Senior M&E Officer to conduct training in the application of M&E tools for MMWCA staff and partners;
- Support partners in improving learning and sharing mechanisms in their projects;
- Work collaboratively with other relevant programmes in the region, as identified by the project, to strengthen integration and cross-learning in programmes;
- Support implementing partners in designing and disseminating research studies by providing relevant input;
- Support project critical reflections and distil lessons learnt; and
- Assist in improving communication and information sharing between stakeholders working with MMWCA.
vi. Other responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- A Bachelor’s degree in fields related to Environmental Science, Natural Resource Management, Community Development or Project Management;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), database, spreadsheet and graphics presentations, including one or more of the following statistical applications such as SPSS or STATA;4
- At least three years of relevant experience in practical development and implementation of natural resource management and related result-based management-oriented monitoring system;
- Data-oriented personality with a keen eye for detail, data analysis and presentation;
- Experience working with local communities and diverse teams;
- Demonstrated experience in analysing, interpreting, and reporting on M&E results;
- Experience with multi-lateral donor-funded projects is an added advantage.
- Experience with field research and monitoring.
- Excellent people management and communication skills with the ability to network, develop and maintain strong relationships with field staff, conservancy members and our partners;
- Excellent and confident public speaking and presentation skills;
- Proficiency in Maa is desirable.
- Experience working with pastoralist communities and ability/willingness to work in a remote place – the job will be based at Aitong’ in the Maasai Mara.
4. How to Apply
Send an application to the Chief Executive Officer, Maasai Mara Wildlife
Conservancies, to reach us by close of business on June 30, 2022, to
firstname.lastname@example.org. A complete application will have the following:
i. A cover letter.
ii. A detailed curriculum vitae highlighting relevant experience.
iii. A daytime telephone contact, email address, and the names of three
You must be logged in to post a comment.