IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
Production Co-ordinators – Natural History Unit
Following on from the success of Prehistoric Planet, the NHU is embarking on a spectacular CGI-based super landmark.
We are looking for several experienced production co-ordinators to join this exciting series from January 2023.
Candidates must have experience of setting up foreign filming, be confident at negotiating rates raising contracts and managing budgets.
We would be interested to hear from anyone who has previous landmark experience and/or experience of organising complex foreign shoots including aerial and water based filming. Experience of filming for VFX would be an advantage but is not essential.
- You will report to the Production Manager and work closely with the Junior Production Manager to provide logistical and financial support to the production team.
- Responsible for managing an episode filming budget with support from the JPM and PM.
- Manage all logistical aspects of UK and foreign shoots for one episode, working across episodes if required.
- Work in close partnership with the editorial team to deliver outstanding, distinctive natural history content, ensuring delivery on schedule, within budget and within operational constraints.
Are you the right candidate?
- Must have held a Production Coordinator role for at least a year within TV Broadcast .
- Confident negotiator
- Extensive experience of setting up foreign filming.
- PMI experience desirable
- Experience of setting up VFX shoots an advantage but not essential
- Confident managing budgets and cost reporting.
- Up to date Health and Safety knowledge including experience of high risk filming
- Copyright and archive experience.
- Good working knowledge of end-to-end multi-platform production with an understanding of the technology used.
Contract type: Fixed Term
We are really proud to share that we are a Level 2 Disability Confident Employer and so if you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply please do contact us on email@example.com with ref: BBC/TP/1912794/64631 in the subject line.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits – We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 25 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual’s unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here
Application closes on 06 December, 2022