IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
Procurement Officer (Agri)
Summit Recruitment and Search Africa is a leading Recruitment and Executive Search agency head quartered in Kenya providing outstanding talent to a wide range of companies and NGO’s in various business sectors across Africa.
Our client a prominent Agri company is seeking to hire a Procurement officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya. He /She will be responsible for Overseeing all activities of the purchasing department including equipment, services, and supplies. The successful candidate Must have 5+ years of experience as a procurement officer preferably in the Agri sector.
- Overseeing and supervising employees and all activities of the purchasing department.
- Preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies.
- Following and enforcing the company’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Reviewing, comparing, analyzing, and approving products and services to be purchased.
- Managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
- Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
- Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contracts.
- Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
- Preparing budgets, cost analyses, and reports.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree.
- Must have 5+ years of experience as a procurement officer preferably in Agri.
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office and purchasing software.
- Must possess strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Must have good analytical, accounting and strategic thinking skills.
- Supervisory and management experience.
- Attention to detail.
Salary: Monthly Gross Salary of Ksh. 80,000 (Approx. 657 USD)
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Career Level: Mid Level
Job Type: Full Time
Deadline for applications: 9th December 2022