Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
||Regional Informatics Implementation Manager – Nairobi
| Work Location
| Location Country
| Company Overview
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
| Project Overview and Role
The Data, Informatics and Analytical Solutions Practice (DIAS) in Palladium is currently seeking a Regional Informatics Implementation Manager to provide support to the implementation and scale of digital health interventions. The overall vision of the DIAS practice is to improve health and development investments and outcomes by strengthening information and governance systems and local capacity and ownership at scale to use quality data in real time for positive impact. To do this, DIAS takes a systems approach that combines its expertise in M&E and research; effective data use; and information and communication technology (ICT) to help governments and development partners throughout the world design, implement, and evaluate service delivery and performance monitoring systems at all levels of the health, education, agriculture, and economic growth systems.
DIAS has a regional team of informatics experts based in Nairobi, Kenya that support the technical delivery of informatics solutions. The Regional Informatics Hub is responsible for supporting health informatics and ICT projects across the DIAS portfolio globally, including the Data for Implementation project (Data.FI). The Informatics Implementation Manager, is an integral member of the Regional Informatics Hub and will lead the assessment, planning, design, implementation and scale of digital health products, including electronic medical records (EMRs).
|Technical Project Management:
- Manage the delivery of informatics solutions across the DIAS portfolio, primarily focusing on Data.FI related technology implementation including the scale up of EMRs across priority countries;
- Provide strategic and technical guidance to project leadership on strategies for assessment, design, scale and implementation of informatics solutions, serving as a resource for cross-country and in some case cross-project learning;
- Coordinate implementation across countries including leading collaboration with project stakeholders such as host-country governments and USG implementing partners;
- For assigned portfolio of projects, serve as technical lead, interface with clients and other project stakeholders to plan, implement, review and report on projects as needed and requested; ultimately being accountable for delivering the project on time and meeting or exceeding client expectations;
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of project activities and results to the client and DIAS leadership team, including knowledge sharing of innovative approaches that can be applied across the DIAS portfolio;
- Work with DIAS leadership to devise and recommend methods and procedures to improve organizational efficiency and effectiveness such as developing and maintaining ICT SOPs for processes within the organization.
- Provide technical expertise and advisory to projects in the design and implementation of country-level information systems, with special emphasis on data analytics and use, interoperability and governance;
- Provide support to other digital development projects, including activities such as requirements gathering, project planning, software development, data analytics, stakeholder engagement, capacity building, and strategic informatics;
- Work with the software development team to assure quality of applications during the software development life cycle and implementation.
- Contribute to active proposals through contributions to strategy and preparation of technical approach and capability statements;
- Manage existing regional relationships and cultivate new partnerships with clients, global communities of practices, technical working groups and events.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in public health, business administration, computer science or other relevant field;
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience managing and implementing digital solutions including: EMRs, health information systems, data analytics, data visualization, software development, with experience working with global good products such as OpenMRS, OpenHIM and DHIS2.
- Experience leading deployment and implementation of EMRs at national-scale.
- Knowledge of relevant technical standards for global ICT such as ICD10, HL7, SNOMED and OpenHIE. Ensure Palladium ICT projects are implemented according to these standards as appropriate.
- Minimum of five years working in international development projects with proven experience working with CDC and/or USAID projects. Private sector and/or other donor experience, including DFID and AusAID desirable;
- Documented experience managing a diverse portfolio or work and technical staff.
- Ability to travel for extended periods of time within the region on short notice.
Key competencies and professional expertise required
- Strong leadership, management and people skills;
- Strong skills in digital solutions;
- Sound problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively write technical documents; lead meetings and deliver presentations.
| Job Description URL
| Applications Close Date
||17 Sep 2019