Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant -Front Office
Pioneer International University (PIU) seeks to be a world class driven University of excellence for the good of society in its vision. PIU does this through its mission; directing its diverse resources on advancement of knowledge through cutting-edge research and innovation melding its rich experiences into holistic educative processes that expand horizons, producing high caliber leaders, nurturing creativity and meeting the needs and ambitions of a culturally and internationally diverse range of stakeholders. Under the direct supervision of the Human Capital and Administration Manager the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Day-to-day office management and support, including (but not limited to) general reception duties, answering and directing phone calls, handling all deliveries, collecting and distributing mail, photocopying, assisting students and other visitors, procuring office supplies, organizing materials in common areas, and ensuring that common areas are kept neat and orderly;
- Be the focal point for all students, parents or visitors’ queries, helping them first hand, then re-directing them to the appropriate department for assistance in liaison with respective AA’s;
- Offer excellent customer service to clients as they come (both internal and external);
- Maintain efficient and effective communication channels to all concerned personnel in the different divisions, as well as the other stakeholders to ensure a professional interface and superior customer service from the University;
- Efficient and timely management of all physical files, retrieval of files and documents to ensure they are secure and accessible as well as maintain online accessible well referenced soft copies of all-important documents within the front office;
- Prepare a variety of technical, statistical, financial and narrative reports, letters, memos, and other written correspondence and materials as directed;
- In liaison with the HCA Manager, raise requisitions for the Administration department needs based on the operating budget and following through to ensure purchase of materials;
- In liaison with other Administrative Assistants, schedule venues for meetings appointments and workshops using office 365 for viewing and prepares the boardroom, set projector, documents and or materials for attendees and organize for refreshments to be served;
- Assist with special events (social events, conferences, retreats), including corresponding with participants, arranging travel, reserving accommodations, overseeing budgets and arranging for reimbursements, collecting and submitting information for reimbursements to speakers;
- Liaise with the AA A&P Division and / or University Relations and Advancements department on giveaways for visitors;
- Actively participate in the marketing team as a brand ambassador during marketing events;
- Any other tasks that may be assigned.
- Accountability: Accepts and gives constructive criticism, follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies, meets deadlines, cost and quality requirements, plan own day to day activities within the framework of the program, monitors own work to correct errors, takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings.
- Client Orientation: Identifies the immediate and peripheral client of own work, establishes and maintains effective working relationships with students, identifies and monitors changes in the needs of students, keeps students informed of developments and setbacks.
- Communication: Actively shares relevant information, clearly communicates, and listens to feedback on changing priorities and procedures, writes clearly and effectively, adapting wording and style to the intended audience, listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Professionalism: Masters subject matter related to responsibilities, identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities, persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress, treats all colleagues with respect and dignity, works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts, knowledgeable about and promotes PIU’s core mandate ,presents one’s self professionally at the work place in; official language, mannerisms and dress code always.
- Technological Awareness: Learns about developments in available technology, proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions, understands applicability and limitation of technology and seeks to apply it to appropriate work.
Education and Experience
- First degree in relevant course or higher diploma in administration or secretarial course is mandatory.
- Experience working in a similar role for a minimum of 2 years or more.
- Strong knowledge of computer applications, especially MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Access.
Qualified candidates are required to submit their cover letter and resume through the email address; firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th September 2019.
We shall be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, and due to the volume of applications that we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that canvassing will lead to disqualification.
We are always looking for great talent. Apply for our open vacancies however if you dont find a suitable opening, you are welcome to foward your resume to email@example.com