Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
- To scan, identify and create new projects and programmes, in line with Hivos East Africa’s strategy and profile and in order to achieve the objective of the Hivos strategic plan.
- To develop strategic and long term sustainability portfolio for Hivos East Africa, as well as smart business models and fundraising.
- To identify and access funding sources for the program and together with Global Office and programme staff, to develop and implement fundraising strategy to support a successful implementation of the program.
- To provide input and contribute program highlights for funding proposals, communication materials etc. for stakeholders and audience, both in Hivos East Africa and in Global Office.
- To take lead on fundraising initiative in close coordination with programme and finance departments.
- To develop business plans, conduct market research and lead prototyping activities.
- To directly manage operational programmes.
- To coordinate planning and report-writing of the Open F & A cluster at Hivos East Africa which is in line with Hivos’ global strategy.
- To coordinate projects implementation for the Open F & A clusters, ensuring consistency knowledge exchange among staff.
- To be able to connect to frontrunners and (potential) game changers and to work together with them to develop innovative programmes.
- To present Hivos’ vision on Open Societies in an attractive and leading way during conferences and seminars.
- To provide input to the financial planning, budgeting, performance, capacity development and risks management of projects.
- To contribute and support to the other possible expansion and thematic programs which aims to the improvement of the organization.
- To contribute to Hivos East Africa overall organizational and policy development.
- To be a reliable and supportive team member to the whole team.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field with a minimum 8 years of post-graduate work experience in nonprofit program development and/or fundraising within the private sector and/or international development organizations.
- Demonstrated donor network in Kenya (required) and in the region (preferred).
- Ability to work on short-term assignments with tight deadlines while managing multiple tasks and pipelines.
- A strong affinity for Hivos’ mission and for social and environmental concerns and you are driven by a strong motivation to contribute to real and lasting change.
- Able to ‘think outside the box’ and connect to various actors to develop new solutions that have the ability to transform Hivos’ global Open Society programme.
- Have a convincing track-record in program development, resource mobilization and facilitating of multi-actor initiatives.
- Ability to work independently, and function effectively as a member of a global team, and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Excellent – externally oriented – communication skills, both verbally and in writing in English
- Good conceptualization and affinity for gender justice, diversity and inclusion.
- Work experience and knowledge of the economic, social, environmental, and development context in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- High levels of personal integrity and accountability.
What we offer