Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Regional Communications Manager will support the Region and the Country Offices as needed on all communications issues and be responsible for supporting the core Communications functions within CARE East, Central and Southern Africa Region. The position may also require providing occasional back-up support for Country Offices, especially in a crisis.
Job Responsibility # 1: Country Office Support
- In-Country special projects/assignment support as requested by Country Offices (CO), working with the CO focal supports
- Work with the CO’s to ensure good communications capacity and provide communications training, coaching and mentoring as needed to CO focal points, and as needed to staff and management
- When necessary conduct field visits to COs to review and support on the communications procedures and support COs in their needs or ascertain Communications requirements.
- Reviews any standard reporting and communications documents being used in each office and the Region to ensure compliance and standardization in each context
- Serves as a point of contact and initial escalation point for questions about policy, procedure, and requirements for CARE communications for the focal points and in each office and the Region.
Job Responsibility #2: Delivery on Regional Communications Priorities
With support from the Advocacy Manager and the Regional Management Team:
- Producing, and overseeing the production of, written and graphic materials which ensure consistency and compliance with the CARE brand, values, key messages, and style guidelines
- Provide Support on the East Central & Southern Africa Regional Strategic communications priorities
- Using analytics to understand take up and reach of communications and adjust strategy and tactics accordingly
- Provide support to the Regional Management Team and Regional Leadership Team on Communications related issues
- Provide support in tracking key Communications in the Region
- Working with the Regional Management Team to ensure the Crisis Management Strategy is in current and in place and be available for any communications as needed.
- Representation: Represents CARE and actively participates in forums relevant to humanitarian and other priorities as agreed with Regional Director and other relevant stakeholders and with the aim to engage in regional dialogues.
- Continues to map relevant social media forums for COVID-19 and humanitarian actions.
- Links with relevant global and regional stakeholders with the aim of building alliances for communications across the region
- Manage digital and social media presence
Job Responsibility #3: Media Management
- Lead media engagement initiatives at the regional level with regional media hubs
- Support CO’s on media engagement
- Work with CI-Media and CI-COMWG on media pitches and press releases
Job Responsibility # 4: Resourcing
- Support the CO’s in resourcing their CO communications focal points
- Support the Induction for new focal points and build up the internal communications network across the region
- Coach, train and mentor as needed
- Support any performance management of the CO focal points when requested
Job Responsibility # 5: Administrative
- Support in conducting surveys and benchmarks that will ensure ECSA stays competitive and relevant in their communications
- Establish networks with Key International NGOs at the national and international level to keep update with external environment
- Support the CO focal points and management in ensuring effective rollout of Global Communication initiatives in COs in the region
- Ensure a good solid knowledge management and learning platform is in place and being used for impact and learning
- Ensure organograms, contact lists, networks and information flow lines are constantly updated and shared appropriately.
- Coordinates the development and completion of any reporting needed for the Region
- Develops and implements additional components of a Communications toolkit and templates for use in local offices
Job Responsibility # 6: Other duties as assigned
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in a similar role including general communications, including crisis communications and Situation Reports and communications (on site) in emergencies, social media. Previous work experience with an international NGO (development and humanitarian) is an advantage.
- Experience working in a regional Communications position, preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills;
- Some working knowledge of French is an added advantage
- Proven excellent and extensive IT skills especially in Communications Apps and Packages and social media
- Proven ability to work with data, analysing, evaluating and summarizing quickly and accurately
- Ability to travel regionally and internationally as needed.
- Ability to take direction, yet work independently to create, innovate and complete good quality work to tight deadlines.
- Familiarity with Media and Communications networks in the COs within the region.
- Demonstrated ability to work in multi-cultural situations
- Proven ability to handle challenging work load and meet deadlines
- Cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity;
- Positive attitude and service oriented.
The position has working relations with the following:
Internal: ECSA Regional Management Teams(RMT), Regional Leadership Teams (RLT) , CARE International-Media.
External: Other INGOs and networks
Travel – Expected to travel at least 40% when and if possible
This job description is intended as a guide and should not be viewed as an inflexible specification as it may be varied from time to time in the light of strategic developments and following discussion with the post holder
If you feel that you are driven, challenged and motivated to join our organization in this particular role, can contribute to the fight against poverty, and have the necessary requirements, kindly send your application that includes cover letter and updated CV attached as one document to ECSA.Recruitment@care.org on or before 30th October 2020. The subject title of the application must read Regional Advocacy Manager.
We do require that you have the legal ability to work in Kenya, as well as the necessary experience for this position. While we would like to respond to all applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CARE seeks to improve the lives of the most marginalized, particularly women and girls. Our diversity is our strength. We strongly encourage women of various backgrounds and abilities to apply.