Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kenya Full time
- Provide overall direction on all Ushahidi projects and programs projects
- Oversee the Account Management function, ensuring delivery of client projects and high levels of client satisfaction
- Manage team members and help them to achieve their objectives and key results and meet goals on time
- Coordinate the preparation and submission of narrative reports
- Liaise with the finance team on budget preparation, tracking expenditure and preparing financial reports
- Manage Monitoring and Evaluation activities
- Acts as a liaison between clients and the tech team, collecting and communicating user requirements and feedback
- Manage communication with funders and grant management teams for programs
- Ensure programs are executed with excellence, within scope and on time
- Ensure adherence to compliance requirements
- Communicate to the leadership team of project progress, identifying and mitigating challenges early
- Work closely with Ushahidi leadership to seek and develop new funding relationships.
- Minimum five years total experience managing projects and programs with at least two of these managing projects with annual budgets exceeding $250,000
- Demonstrable experience managing projects/programs from Inception to project close. Excellent understanding of the project management cycle
- Excellent IT skills and familiarity with productivity tools such as Google Apps, Microsoft Office 365, CRMs, project management tools
- A record of experience with building and sustaining partnerships
- Demonstrable experience of working with international funders such as USAID, FCDO (DfID) and EU
- Experience working at the intersection of technology and global development. A good understanding of the East African Innovation Ecosystem is desirable
- Understanding of basic accounting principles and familiarity with budgeting and financial reporting
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Experience working in multi-cultural environments
- Good working knowledge of the Ushahidi platform will be an advantage.
- Remote working experience wil be an advantage.
Why you may like working at Ushahidi
- Our goal in hiring is to find great people first, great skills second.
- We take on big challenges and we strive to keep a work environment where everyone can grow and learn, developing new skills or honing current ones.
- Ushahidi team members currently live across several continents: from Washington DC, sweeping through Europe and landing on Nairobi and Mombassa.
- Build a schedule that suits you. While we have meetings that you will be expected to attend, there are no “business hours” at Ushahidi. We are a milestone-based company, not a sit-in-your-chair from 9 to 5 company.
- Generous vacation policy: minimum 25 days/year, with a limit of 35 days. More vacation days are available with the approval of senior management. Because we are an international team, this limit includes national holidays.
- If you are not in Nairobi, a co-working space reimbursement of up to USD 250/month is available. For folks who live in Nairobi, you can always use The Batcave, our one and only office.
- A laptop provided by us (or reimbursed). It becomes your property after 18 months.
- In Kenya, we provide healthcare through our health care provider, who we review for best rates and coverage annual. For international employees, we will reimburse your healthcare premiums up to $250/month.
- Employees are entitled to parental leave of ninety (90) calendar days with full pay. Employees are eligible for an additional 30 calendar days of parental leave without pay.
Why You Might Not Be A Good Fit
- You only want to wear one hat. Ushahidi is small, but we take on the goals of much larger organizations. In practice this means that all Ushahidians end up wearing multiple hats, assisting in different ways while working on multiple projects. If that excites you, great! If you are set on never venturing out of your job title or take on more than one project at a time, you’re going to get frustrated fast.
- You want to be in an office surrounded by colleagues. Granted that recent events have already been making this situation increasingly rare. However, in our case, we are largely remote(with a physical office in Nairobi) and we rarely see each other, unless travel allows. If you find you’d struggle working a full-time job like this and find it isolating, this job may not be for you.
Because our salaries are calculated with a standardized location-based formula, we will send the salary range based on your location if we invite you to interview.
We will send an interview kit if you are invited to interview. This kit will include details such as the interview team and the evaluation process.
Apply, we are looking forward to hearing from you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.
Closing Date: Applications close on the 7th of February, 2021.