Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
FARMING SYSTEMS KENYA JOB ADVERTISEMENT FOR PROJECT ACCOUNTANT
Farming Systems Kenya is a registered Faith Based NGO that has been operating in Kenya since 1981 to reduce poverty through agricultural and community development interventions. The organization works with and supports small holder farmers to improve their productivity and incomes. To this end, the organization wishes to recruit a competent, qualified and result oriented person to fill the position of a project accountant under the Boosting Resilience for Vulnerable Rural Households in Baringo County Project. The accountant will be responsible for preparing payments and accounting reports for the project.
Essential Character and Character traits
Born again Christian, result oriented, values committed, self-motivated, accountable and honest Reporting to the senior accountant, the project accountant will undertake the following duties
- Preparation of monthly project financial reports.
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliation statements.
- Prepare a monthly income and expenditure account.
- Prepare a quarterly consolidated income and expenditure account.
- Prepare a quarterly balance sheet.
- Maintain ledger books, Assets register and depreciation schedules for assets.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and yearly budgets.
- Prepare consolidated final accounts for annual and other audits.
- Check requests and make cheque payments for the organization.
- Enhance staff time management and ensure signing of time sheets.
- Undertake specific human resource and administration duties.
Skills and Requirements
- CPA (K) or equivalent
- At least five years accounting experience in a busy NGO accounting department.
- Computer literate and proven knowledge in accounting packages.
- Can work under pressure and tight deadlines with minimum supervision
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidate who meet the requirements of the above position should send their applications to the address below so as to reach the Executive Director on or before Saturday, 17th April 2021, 5.00pm. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Executive Director, Farming Systems Kenya, FSK Centre, Kiamunyi, Along Nakuru –
P.O. Box 2816- 20100, Nakuru