Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
e–LEARNING CONTENT & SUPPORT OFFICERS, HEALTH STRAT CDC MESIS –PROJECT, PRINCIPAL’S OFFICE, CHS –AD/4/108/21 (4POSTS) (CHS)
Reporting to the e–Learning Coordinator and the LMS Manager, the e–Learning Content & Support Officers shall provide technical assistance to end users of the learning managing system and content support to ensure the online teaching and learning processes for the college run effectively and optimally. The position, as a part of the LMS Help Desk team, will address, troubleshoot, and document Level 1 through Level 3 LMS support while providing top–notch customer service, and expert technical assistance. Additional responsibilities include conversion and/or updating of online content to suit the requirements of the subject matter experts and testing online content before it is launched for learner uptake
- First point of contact for user/client inquiries through the ticketing system, emails, and phone calls.
- Upload, publish, and test e–Learning content to ensure proper functionality
- Add or edit entities in the system (users, activities and resources, plugin configurations, calendar management, etc.).
- Set–up and configure new courses as per the relevant requirements
- Perform monitoring of course elements and recommend engagement strategies for courses.
- Create online course content using authoring tools as per instructions given
- Support online course content development and updating/improving of course content on the LMS.
- Assist with the updating and general maintenance of the LMS website.
- Escalate technical bugs and other system issues from identification through resolution
- Generate generic and custom reports from the LMS to inform the administrators and instructors on course usage
- Maintain the integrity of all data on the LMS
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the e–Learning Coordinator and the LMS Manager.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Instructional Design, Education, or related field.
- Minimum experience of 1 year in content conversion or technical support services.
- Experience in authoring online content using tools like Articulate or Adobe Captivate
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite or Apple Final Cut Pro video or Camtasia Studio and audio production software
- Familiarity with the compliance requirements of an academic institution environment.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong computer skills, including a high level of comfort with web–based applications
- Knowledge of Moodle Learning Management System, including course content management and user administration.
- Web and graphic design skills
- Good communication skills and excellent in time management.
- Good analytical and report writing skills
Terms of appointment
This a position whose tenure is one (1) year contract renewable based on performance and by mutual consent. The salary is negotiable depending on the level of education and work experience.
- Applicants should email their application letters and certified copies of certificates and CV giving details of their qualifications, experience and 3 referees indicating their telephone contacts and e–mail contacts.
- Applications and related documents should be addressed to The Principal, College of Health Sciences and forwarded through the applicants’ heads of departments, where applicable.
- Applicants should state their current designations, salaries and other benefits attached to those designations.
- The application letter must bear the reference code as shown in the advertisement.
- Applications should be emailed to recruit–email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: WEDNESDAY, MAY12, 2021.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NAIROBI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED