Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Global Alliance for Communities Implementation Lead
This role is a unique opportunity to work closely with proven community-based leaders working on the front-lines of the biggest challenges in international development.
Global Alliance for Communities (Alliance) is a new initiative that emerged during the planning of the inaugural World Communities Forum in 2021, and is currently being incubated within Shining Hope for Communities (SHOFCO). The Alliance is a purpose-driven coalition of proximate leaders that drive impact to underserved populations around the world. As a group, we aim to produce measurable shifts linked to systemic goals, changing how development works at the local level, for marginalized communities and grassroots leaders. Our aspirations are: 1) End unjust racial disparities in development; 2) Advance proximate leadership; and 3) Center community-driven solutions and best practices.
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual who thrives in a multi-faceted role. You will be strategist, communications specialist, membership coordinator, administrative support, and project manager. You will work closely with members of the SHOFCO team on core functions related to funding, communications, and admin; and the Alliance Secretariat on planning, project management, and coordination. You will participate in senior-level meetings with experts and partners; provide support on administrative functions. Although you will work closely with SHOFCO and the Secretariat, you are expected to drive relationships, be self-starting, and take on significant responsibility.
- Secretariat coordination. Lead the formation process and ongoing coordination of the Alliance secretariat. This includes setting clear expectations around roles and time/skills required by each secretariat member, and tracking against clear targets and timelines to keep the secretariat accountable to carrying out its responsibilities.
- Meeting coordination. Lead preparations for and co-facilitate regular Alliance meetings. This includes preparing meeting agendas and materials including slides; promoting strong meeting attendance; identifying strategic opportunities to involve guest hosts or guest presenters; and crafting discussion questions for the group.
- Member engagement. Proactively reach out to Global Alliance for Community members to increase engagement and solicit feedback in between meetings. Lead on internal communications to the Alliance members, including key updates on progress towards objectives or relevant news (e.g., welcoming new members, preparing newsletters)
- Member recruitment. Lead on developing and implementing a recruitment strategy for new Founding Members (community-based leaders) and Affiliated Members (key allies). Ensure proper vetting / basic due diligence on each member.
- Database management. Maintain up-to-date lists of membership and contact information, including one version for internal use and one version public-facing.
- Communications and Marketing. Project manage the overarching outward-facing communications and media strategy. Set up basic website and social media presence for the Alliance. Support ad hoc creation of external materials such as fundraising proposals, advocacy letters, Op Eds, social media posts, etc.
- Project Management. Project management for any external firms hired to carry out strategic activities on behalf of the Alliance.
- Admin support. Perform administrative functions such as budget management, inbox management, as needed.
The Application Process
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to: Shofcojobs@shininghopeforcommunities.org with subject line “Global Alliance for Communities Implementation Lead”. Individuals who submit early will be given priority