Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Do you want to do well while doing good?
StepWise is partnering with Zalego Academy to hire experienced developers to help build internal software products
StepWise is making an impact by providing people with physical disabilities in the developing world with meaningful employment in the digital economy. Our highly motivated and skilled teams located in East Africa perform data processing tasks such as transcription and digitization, data labelling and annotation for machine learning and artificial intelligence data sets, and content moderation.
StepWise has offices in Austin, Texas and Nairobi, Kenya.
About the Job:
As a software developer at StepWise, you will work directly with our developer team and to develop new software features. To be successful, you must be equally comfortable interacting with business executives and diving into a detailed discussion with technical experts. You will work directly with the developer team to understand the needs of our customers and navigate the development and deployment of complex software features.
We are looking for a dedicated and meticulous cybersecurity specialist to join our growing team. The job description will include training, developing security systems, analyzing current systems for vulnerabilities, and handling any and all cyber-attacks in an efficient and effective manner. Candidates should have strong IT skills and a deep understanding of cyber hacker methodology.
Persons with disabilities are also invited to apply
- Research/evaluate emerging cyber security threats and ways to manage them.
- Plan for disaster recovery and create contingency plans in the event of any security breaches
- Monitor for attacks, intrusions and unusual, unauthorized or illegal activity
- Test and evaluate security products
- Design new security systems or upgrade existing ones
- Use advanced analytic tools to determine emerging threat patterns and vulnerabilities
- Engage in ‘ethical hacking’ , for example, simulating security breaches
- Identify potential weaknesses and implement measures, such as firewalls and encryption
- Investigate security alerts and provide incident response
- Monitor identity and access management, including monitoring for abuse of permissions by authorised system users
- Liaise with stakeholders in relation to cyber security issues and provide future recommendations
- Generate reports for both technical and non-technical staff and stakeholders
- Maintain an information security risk register and assist with internal and external audits relating to information security
- Monitor and respond to ‘phishing’ emails and ‘pharming’ activity
- Assist with the creation, maintenance and delivery of cyber security awareness training for colleagues
- Give advice and guidance to staff on issues such as spam and unwanted or malicious emails.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Cyber security certification
- 2 years of Experience
- Strong IT skills including knowledge on hardware, software, networks, and data centers
- Thorough work ethic, attention to detail
- Skills of perception and QA, ability to identify vulnerabilities and overall issues
- Critical thinking skills, problem solving aptitude
- Forensic approach to challenges
- Ability to think like a hacker and anticipate hacker moves
- Desire to self-educate on the ever-changing landscape of cyber hacking tactics
- Experience in professional cybersecurity a plus