Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
PCEA Kikuyu Hospital is one of the leading Mission Hospitals which works to promote the well-being of all people through provision of holistic, quality affordable health services while witnessing the Love of Christ through healing. We provide specialized services in: – Ophthalmology, Orthopedic, Dental, Dialysis as well as General medical services. In collaboration with CBM, PKH seeks to fill the following position under the Vision Impact Project:
The Hospital is soliciting for qualified applicants for the position of Program Officer who will be reporting to the Program Manager.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Program Officer is responsible for the day to day running of the Vision Impact Project(VIP). Specifically, he /she will be responsible for supporting the line government departments, VIP structures within Kiambu County, and local stakeholders in planning, coordinating quality, and timely roll out of afunctional eye health system at various levels. He/she will be responsible for building and maintaining effective interfaces with government authorities and partners as well as a broader network of stakeholders who can contribute to eye health system strengthening.
· Bachelors degree in Development Studies Project Planning and Management, or any Social Science from a recognized and accredited university.
· Minimum of 5 years experience in designing, planning, implementation, supervising and reporting on integrated development projects, both at community level and facilities such as schools and health facilities.
· The jobholder must have a background in Finance; with at least CPA Part 2.
· Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office and Microsoft Outlook.
· Experience of working with persons with disabilities or promoting disability rights will be an added advantage.
· Must be a results-oriented person who can handle a heavy work load as well as multiple organizational, donor and MOH demands.
· Experience in working and collaborating with communities, County Governments and Government Ministries.
· Work experience in eye health programs will be an added advantage.
· Strong communication and negotiation skills.
· Planning, implementing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating each project to meet agreed service levels.
· Providing information, documentation, budgets and forecasts to support the project lifecycles.
· Managing and building partnership relationships, championing shared learning and collaboration.
· Facilitating access to resources for partners to enhance their programmes.
· Working closely with the Finance team to monitor project expenditure and forecasts.
· Facilitate schools and community eye screening, treatment outreaches and linkage to health facilities.
· Support in planning and coordination of all trainings that will be undertaken in the program.
· Coordinate and actively engage communities, DPOS and persons with disabilities to ensure inclusive eye health in VIP.
· Ensure that all beneficiaries are treated equally so as to get equal value, participation and decision making.
· Plan and conduct regular accessibility audit and pro-actively address their commendation arising from these audits.
· Coordinate community mobilization and participation eye screening.
· Maintaining accounting records of day-to-day transactions, and ensuring timely upload in the accounting system.
· Actively participate in timely report writing in accordance with VIP and MOH Kenya requirements.
· Represent PKH in stakeholder forums/meetings.
How to apply
Qualified candidates should use the online application form on the hospital’s website. Applications should be received not later than 19th November 2021. PKH is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge any fee during the recruitment process.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.