Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
REF: KNRA/ADV/01/12/2021 – DIRECTOR, TECHNICAL SERVICES – KNRA GRADE 2: 1 POSITION
Position Title: Director – Technical
Position Type: Full Time
Position Category: KNRA Grade 2
Terms of Service: three (3) year renewable performance-based Contract
For appointment to this grade, an applicant must:-
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- Have served in the grade of Director, Inspections or Deputy Director, Compliance for a minimum period of three (3) years or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service for minimum period of twelve (12) years, eight (8) of which should have been at management level;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Physics, Chemistry, Electrical/ Mechanical/Nuclear Engineering, Physical Science with a bias in Atomic or Radiation Science or relevant qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Master’s degree or a PhD in any of the following disciplines:- Physics, Chemistry, Electrical/ Mechanical/Nuclear Engineering, Nuclear Science or relevant qualification from a University recognized in Kenya;
- Registration by a relevant and recognized regulatory body where applicable;
- Certificate in a leadership course of not less than four weeks from a recognized Institution;
- Professional training in any of the following areas: Radiation Protection, Radioactive Waste Management, Nuclear Power, Nuclear Safety, Nuclear Security or Nuclear Safeguards from recognized Institutions;
- Demonstrated professional, managerial and administrative competence in work performance and exhibited a thorough understanding of national goals, policies, objectives and ability to relate them to proper management of the inspections, compliance and enforcement functions;
- Prior service in a national security or law enforcement agency will be an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities for the Director, Technical shall entail: –
- Overseeing the formulation, implementation and review of policies, strategies, guidelines, standards, procedures, protocols, manuals on inspection, compliance and enforcement;
- Coordinating inspection, compliance and enforcement activities and validating findings and recommendations of the reports;
- Spearheading the establishment, implementation, maintenance and updating of regulatory control systems;
- Overseeing inspection of nuclear and radiation facilities and activities;
- Ensuring that the authorized persons are complying with conditions of authorization for a specified activity in the instrument of authorization;
- Enforcing nuclear and radiation standards, policies, guidelines, protocols and regulations to ensure radiation safety and nuclear security;
- Liaising with national, regional and international agencies, such as the National Police Service, Directorate of Public Prosecution, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and International Criminal Police Organization (INTERPOL), in performing the functions of the office;
- Participating in international fora for the development of inspection, compliance, enforcement, radiation and nuclear safety standards, regulation, protocols, guides, Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs) and agreement;
- Validating and presenting briefs and country position papers on national and international standards, regulations, protocols, guides, Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs), agreements, obligations, trends and best practice with regard to inspection, compliance, enforcement, radiation and nuclear matters;
- Spearheading the development and implementation of the directorate’s strategic plans, budgets, performance contracts and staff performance appraisal;
Interested candidates, who match the requirements of this position, should submit an online application with detailed curriculum vitae indicating qualifications, experience, present position, email address and mobile telephone number with copies of certificates and testimonials, identity card, through firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 07th January 2022.
KNRA in an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity and gender equality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents