Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Strategic Information Officer (SI) – Continuous Quality Improvement: CHS/HR/STP/SICQI/01/2022
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS is currently sourcing for high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individuals to fill the position of a Strategic Information Officer (SI) – Continuous Quality Improvement.
Overall Job Function
Reporting to the Strategic Information Advisor, the SI officer in charge of Quality Improvement will work closely with the program technical staff and the rest of the program implementation team to support teams to effectively implement, document, and report Quality Improvement and Strategic Information activities within the program.
- Act as a link between CHS and SCHMTs on both paper and electronic prevention (DREAMS, KP & FFx), VMMC, care, and treatment data related issues
- Building capacity for QI coaching at project supported sites by closely working with the project QI teams to plan for and implement activities aimed at institutionalising the use of QI methods to improve service delivery and client outcomes through training, on-site coaching, and support supervision
- Organise and/or participate in SI related capacity building activities targeting CHS staff; health facility staff; and other stakeholders
- Support needs-based quality improvement capacity building for community based HCT while supporting them in providing leadership to improvement initiatives
- Work with health facilities to apply QI approaches to routine facility practices to bridge performance gaps
- Support MoH to establish systems for continuous learning and implementation of continuous Quality Improvement methods as well as the spread of successful innovations throughout the health sector
- Work with the MoH to improve the competency and capability of health workers by strengthening quality training programs, including advocacy for quality improvement within core curricula for health providers
- Assist the MoH in improving performance of health care providers by applying evidence-based innovations and continuous monitoring
- Convene and conduct quality improvement performance review meetings and other fora needed to achieve the project objectives
- Assist with the design and oversight of learning sessions to facilitate the scale up of improvements
- Work with MoH to establish performance monitoring system for tracking priority QI indicators across collaborating sites to show improvement in HCT processes and care outcomes
- Actively participate in compilation and submission of periodic performance and progress reports
- Work with MoH and Implementing Partners in identifying and communicating best practices in improvement of healthcare delivery through newsletters, training and coaching session’s publication and research
- Guide initiation and implementation of the collaborative improvement effort in the region
- Provide technical support to CHS-supported health facilities in collection, collation, analysis and reporting of health information to relevant stakeholders using national reporting systems
- Support the uploading of facility EMR data into the National Data Warehouse (NDWH) and DHIS
- Support the implementation of web-based and mobile health solutions to facilitate real time data transmission and reporting
- Support EMR data cleaning and monitoring of daily data entry into the systems through regular data quality audit for quality patient management and reporting.
- Contribute in the review and/or development of monitoring and evaluation tools and systems that are responsive to data needs
- Work closely with other CHS staff and stakeholders to strengthen systems for monitoring patient outcomes; monitoring quality of care; tracing patients who default; data quality assurance; and data collection, collation, analysis and dissemination
- Ensure timely and proper implementation of the Ministry of Health’s (MoH) monitoring and evaluation guidelines including roll out of new tools in all CHS-supported facilities
- Participate in research studies that may be undertaken by CHS or any of her collaborating partners
- Provide technical lead in quarterly data feedback to county health management teams and health facilities
- Provide lead in timely collection, cleaning and reporting of quarterly and other routine data to donors and other stakeholders
- Participate in regional and national stakeholders forums or conferences on health and give presentations during these meetings.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Biostatistics, Statistics, Monitoring and Evaluation, Health Records Management, Social Sciences or an equivalent academic qualification from a recognised institution
- At least 5 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation of HIV/AIDS care and treatment, PMTCT, TB/HIV, HTC, VMMC, Key Population, Priority Population and DREAMS programs in Kenya
- Experience of working with government healthcare facilities in the area of quality improvement and reporting systems in Kenya
- Expertise in qualitative and quantitative methods, operations research, Health Management Operations Systems and data quality assessments.
- Demonstrable knowledge and skills in implementation of QI interventions in the context of developing countries and management of QI data and databases
- Experience in knowledge management, specifically in the area of public health/ healthcare
- Good facilitation and writing skills
- Abilities to deliver with minimal supervision.
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly quoting the position you are applying, and reference number as indicated in the subject line. Applications close on Monday, January 10, 2022. CVs will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.