Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
CORRESPONDENT – ISIOLO, MANDERA AND MARSABIT
Royal Media Services Limited wishes to recruit a suitably qualified individual to the position of a correspondent.
He/she will be required to source, generate, package and present the news. He/she will report to the News Editor
Available Vacancies: One (3)
Key roles & responsibilities
- Ability to shoot visual content, report, write, edit and produce stories on deadline for multiple platforms – Tv, Radio, digital and social media platforms
- Superior on-camera presentation
- Capture quality footage
- Edit footage as needed
- Provide practical and creative input to scene planning
- Offer creative and innovative ideas for elevated storytelling
- Excellent writing skills, with solid news judgment and ethical decision-making skills
- Generating ideas for news stories and news features
- Following leads from news agencies, the police, the public, press conferences and other sources
- Generating ideas to head of desks , editors and producers
- Writing scripts for bulletins, headlines and special reports
- Exercising judgment on the best story angle
- Preparing material for both pre-recorded and live pieces
- Developing and maintaining useful contacts and relations with news sources
Academic and professional/work Experience
- Degree in journalism, mass communications or any other related field
- At least one year relevant experience as a reporter / correspondent in a busy media house.
- Excellent written and spoken Borana ,English and Swahili (Attach Borana, English and Swahili demo in mp3 format)
- An edge for news or features, ability for quick thinking, persistence, personal initiative and a good memory
- Sound knowledge of the local and international social, political and economic news-shaping environment
- A clear communicating voice
- Ability to report accurately and impartially.
If you are interested and qualified, please email your CV, voice demo and an application to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 17th January 2022.
Clearly cite Job Ref No. REF: HRD/ML/CORR/01/2022 Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.