Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Title: Senior Partnerships Associate
About Food for Education
Food for Education is an African-led and women-led social enterprise that uses technology, smart operations, and logistics to deliver low-cost, nutritious meals, to improve nutrition and education outcomes.
We currently serve over 33,000 primary school students every day across Nairobi, Kiambu, and Mombasa counties. Parents pay for these meals through a mobile money system linked to Near Field Communication (NFC) wristbands, which the children wear and ‘Tap2Eat’ in under 5 seconds to access their meals.
Our mission is to scale a model that prioritizes efficient supply chain management and sustainable sourcing, so we can continue lowering the cost of school meals. Food for Education has served over 7,000,000 meals since 2012, and is expanding to reach at least 1,000,000 public school students in Kenya by 2027.
About The Role
F4E is expanding rapidly to reach more schools across Kenya. The Senior Partnerships Associate will support effective grants management. He/she will be a key member of our Partnerships team that writes all of our donor proposals and reports and manages donor visits to our kitchens across Kenya. The Senior Partnerships Associate will also provide support on fundraising research projects, contract review, and systems creation to ensure maximum efficiency on the Partnerships team.
The Senior Partnerships Associate will have relevant writing expertise, work effectively across multiple teams, and have a strong donor relation’s orientation.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
1. Grant Reports
- Write and project manage high-quality grant reports, collaborating with other team members as needed.
- Work closely with other teams (Growth, Policy, Operations & Finance, etc.) to gather information needed for reporting and donor materials.
- Support the team in streamlining systems and processes to make grant reporting and information sourcing more efficient.
2. Grant Proposals
- Write and project manage high-quality grant concept notes and proposals that are customized to address the key focus areas and requirements of prospective and current donors.
- Help to field, and sometimes manage fielding, follow-up and diligence requests from donors related to pending or submitted grant proposals.
- Support the team in streamlining systems and process to make proposal writing more efficient.
3. Donor Relationship Management
- Manage personal portfolio of relationships with foundation and corporate funders, with support from Partnerships team.
- Identify the optimal approach for engaging each new and current funder through proactive, systematic research, integrating your knowledge of funder priorities and needs.
- Provide input and thought partnership to Senior Development Manager and Partnerships Associate on portfolio strategies, including the identification of new funders in line with our funding needs.
4. Team Support
- Work with Partnerships Associate and Senior Development Manager to conduct research to support Food for Education’s strategy for new donor engagement.
- Establish and manage oversight of the grant processes including review of grant contracts and documents and ensuring proper online storage and maintenance of all grant award materials.
Desired Candidate Profile
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant field
- 1-3 years of work experience, ideally in a fundraising or writing-focused position
- A strong writer and communicator
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and comfortable managing complex projects with many moving pieces
- Be proactive and a self-starter, with the ability to work independently and have follow-through on all initiatives
- Engage confidently with internal and external partners, including current and prospective donors
If you meet the criteria above send send a CV of not more than 2 pages and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 16th May 2022.