Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Aga Khan Education Service, Kenya (AKESK) operates 11 schools in major cities in the Country and provides from Nursery to Senior secondary education in both the National and International curricula. AKESK is part of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of private development agencies working to improve the living conditions and opportunities for people of all faiths and origins in specific regions of the developing world.
The Aga Khan Education Service Kenya welcomes applications from dedicated, enthusiastic and professional educators for the following position:
POSITION: HEAD TEACHER – AGA KHAN NURSERY SCHOOL, MOMBASA
The Aga Khan Nursery School, Mombasa is a private, co-educational and multi-cultural day Nursery School. It is located in Mombasa County and is registered as a National school but offers a hybrid curriculum.
The Head Teacher will demonstrate high standards of professional conduct, be a visionary leader who will exercise ethical and moral leadership to steer the school to be a Nursery of choice in the Mombasa County. S/he will be expected to improve the position of the school in the market through enhancing the holistic early years academic, co-curricular, sports and programmes as well as developing a school culture that emphasizes inclusivity, pluralism and excellence.
S/he will be required to provide leadership and support to all the students and staff, monitor and drive performance against set targets and key performance indicators. S/he will be fully responsible for the day-to-day operations of the school.
- Provide executive leadership through building a high-performance, culturally diverse team, committed to achieving the vision of the school and ongoing school improvement.
- Manage the school efficiently and effectively by ensuring compliance in curriculum and assessment systems; staff management appraisal; compensation and professional development; students’ welfare; budget and finance; parental & community relations; school operations among others.
- Provide policy guidance on relevant issues regarding AKESK and abide by the code of conduct of AKDN and AKESK.
- Build relationships rooted in mutual respect, and at all times observe proper boundaries appropriate to the profession.
- Uphold the obligation to give account and accept responsibility, establish and sustain professional working relationship with those responsible for governance.
- Forge constructive relationships beyond the school, working in partnership with parents, the local and wider community.
- Ensure the safety of students and staff through effective approaches to safeguarding their welfare.
- Make a positive contribution to the wider education system.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Education in Early Childhood (Upper Second-Class Honors) from a recognized University.
- Registered with Teachers Service Commission (TSC) to practice teaching in Kenya.
- Working Knowledge of 5 years in leadership experience in Early Years school with noticeable achievements in leading reputable Nursery Schools.
- Experience in managing a school/(s), budgeting and finance matters, including fee collections.
- Present evidence of involvement in facilitation and or participation in professional development.
- Thorough knowledge of legal aspects within education management especially Teachers Service Commission (TSC), Education, Employment, Children’s Health and Safety Acts in addition to other Acts that relate to Education and Children.
- Excellent team building skills and proven experience in leading, motivating and empowering people.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications.