Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About KOKO Networks
KOKO Networks is a venture-backed technology company currently operating in Kenya and India. Our mission is to imagine and deliver technology that transforms life in the world’s fastest growing cities. We build and deploy cloud-connected “KOKO Points” inside local retail outlets, which provide mass market consumer goods in partnership with major suppliers. Our first solution is liquid ethanol cooking fuel, which offers significant cost savings and quality of life improvements in the multi-billion dollar urban cooking market. In Kenya, this solution is delivered in partnership with Vivo Energy, the operator of Shell-branded fuel infrastructure across Africa. KOKO offers a fast-paced and highly collaborative work environment with significant opportunities for professional growth. We are looking for people who share our passion for technology and our vision for global impact.
KOKO Networks is on a mission to imagine and deliver technology that transforms life in the world’s fastest growing cities. The role we’re looking to fill is a career defining opportunity for someone passionate about this mission and about product management who wants to build and lead amazing teams of engineers and product designers in Nairobi and Pune.
The products and solutions you’ll help build and shape touch hundreds of thousands of people in some of the fastest growing cities in the world every single day. Your job will be to help us grow our business and revenue, acquire and retain customers, make complex logistics and operations more efficient, and delight our colleagues, customers, and partners.
This role requires significant time in the local market and close to our operations in Nairobi. We will only consider candidates based there or willing to relocate there.
What You Will Do
- You will build detailed domain knowledge of KOKO’s business plans, markets, and internal realities as a manufacturing and logistics company offering combined hardware and software products
- You will manage the roadmap: capture work from a wide range of inputs, understand and prioritise this work so your team is always working on the most impactful projects
- You’ll deeply understand the problems that you’re tackling through research and regular interaction with customers, partners and colleagues; define and frame those problems for the team
- You will collaborate with your team in thinking big, to imagine solutions that solve these problems
- You’ll scope these solutions to their smallest coherent state to ship to users as early as you can
- You’ll constantly evaluate if your solutions have solved the problem through quantitative and qualitative measures, both in MVPs and after full release
- You will own and maintain the quality of the product areas your team is responsible for; deliver high quality software in every release
- You’ll motivate a group of committed, smart people to do the best work of their careers
What You Will Bring to KOKO
- 5+ years experience in product management with a proven track record of shipping impactful products
- Ideally you have some UX experience as it’s important to us to think deeply about product design decisions and how to create simple user interfaces
- We prefer candidates who have experience working in combined software and hardware businesses (with manufacturing and logistics)
- You’re entrepreneurial; you need little direction; you’re self driven and show ownership
- You can clearly communicate product decisions and the rationale behind them. You’re comfortable with making decisions in ambiguity. You can help others make decisions by being persuasive.
- You’re able to easily switch between thinking creatively and analytically for best results
- Have an understanding of the technical architecture of complex web and mobile applications
What we offer
- We believe that our people are critical for our ambitious growth plans in Kenya and beyond. We want to build an organisation where people thrive, feel included, grow professionally, and enjoy having high impact through their work.
- Competitive salary plus a quarterly cash bonus
- Annual compensation reviews – we reward great work
- Hybrid working model – allowing you to split your time between in-person collaboration at one of our offices and working remotely
- Discounted health insurance with no-cost financing for you and your dependents (in Kenya)
- 21 days of annual leave plus public holidays plus examination leave
- Ongoing investment in you and your skills, incl. full access to over 5,000 online courses
- The right equipment for the job – a choice of MacBook, Windows, or Linux laptop
KOKO is committed to gender and racial diversity in the workplace. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply!