Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
INFORMATION AND CULTURE PROFESSIONAL
- Department: Education department
- Area: Education
- Location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Direct Supervisor: School principal
- Contract: Fixed Term (Renewable)
- Status: Full Time
- Compensation: 42.423,50 KES / month
Still I Rise, an international NGO, works towards development and the realisation of humanitarian projects aiming at providing education and support to refugee children and youth, is looking for a Information & Cultural Professional to join Nairobi International School program, Kenya. The selected candidate will be responsible for the provision of support to students on research and academic material, usage of equipment, promotion of culture and useful information, and management and curation of the School’s Library.
- Support students to research and organise content from online and offline sources.
- Supervise the usage of the public computers and help students develop basic ICT skills.
- Lead the school’s implementation of our Academic Integrity policy, including coaching anti-plagiarism and bibliographic skills.
- Join the whole Education team’s efforts to instil critical, creative and analytical thinking.
- Spearhead programs to instil a love of reading and writing at our school (for instance, running a Reading Club, coordinating a poetry competition and internally publishing students’ writing efforts).
- Develop and lead activities which excite children about a variety of cultural forms: movies, drama, art, poetry, music, animation etc.
- Put East African cultural expressions in the spotlight.
- Create themed sections of the school’s physical space to promote specific cultural topics (for instance, turning a corner of the library for a month into a celebration of Ethiopian poetry).
- Collaborate with our Advocacy and Community Liaison Officer to organise cultural events for the local community.
- Collaborate with our Advocacy and Community Liaison Officer to organise partnerships with libraries in Nairobi, in Kenya and abroad.
- Provide advice and enthusiasm to get students reading ability-appropriate texts in the languages of operation at our school.
- Keep the library organised, accessible and attractive to all our students.
- Label, categorise and track books.
- Maintain and evolve the school’s procedures on borrowing and purchasing books and resources.
- Recommend new books and resources which our students will love.
- A very strong capacity for building organised spaces, processes and habits
- A visible love for all forms of learning
- An infectious passion for reading and culture
- A pride in the richness of East African and African cultural expressions
- Confidence and proficiency in ICT
- Experience in early childhood language teaching is considered an advantage
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications, including a copy of their CV, Cover Letter, and a written authorization to personal data processing, by sending an email, indicating in the subject “***Information & Culture Professional***”, to the address:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in Still I Rise.