Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
PRODUCTION MANAGER- BROADCASTING – HR-PM-05-2022
Nation Media Group seeks to recruit an experienced and self-motivated individual to the position of Production Manager in our NTV Department.
The job holder will be responsible for all local content produced by the department. In an environment where audience habits are changing fast, this role will ensure that NBD productions maintain the sharpness, creativity and ambition to make an impact in the market.
- Ensure all internally produced content adheres stringently to all relevant NMG policies & standards;
- Be the lead expert and NBD’s focal point for matters concerning all internally produced programs across all platforms;
- Oversee the work of producers, news directors and presenters;
- Responsible for the day-to-day running of the production unit and management of the team and developing new, creative and efficient ways of working;
- Enforce timely delivery of well researched, well planned and professionally produced and presented internal productions;
- Keep across all relevant diaries, agency outlooks and other forward-planning tools, and ensure the strategic objectives in relation to in-house productions are met;
- Prepare and maintain various departmental reports for submission to supervisor such as program evaluations and preparation of audience/revenue information; prepare and respond to various surveys such as program rating surveys;
- Drive revenue across linear and non-linear platforms
- Lead collaboration on projects with other NBD departments, print and digital, to make the best use of resources and ensure joined productions to deliver the greatest impact;
- Review and re-write scripts, giving regular feedback to the production team;
- Manage performance and conduct appraisals of supervisees;
- Deploy and assign to producers, directors, presenters, autocue operators and design play out staff where appropriate;
- Lead strategic planning on the production of all content and maximize the impact of the content across all platforms to build audiences and increase audience approval;
- Foster an environment of productive employee relations and respond to and anticipate challenges from staff, audiences and other stakeholders;
- Ensure the production team in collaboration with Digital and the Broadcast Infrastructure unit produce weekly digital videos, write for the website and other social platforms and promote production content in an engaging format with the audience;
- Participate in production meetings, and present quarterly and weekly reports;
- Interact weekly with other sections within NBD to identify and implement joint projects;
- Deputize the Executive Director, Transformation where necessary.
Additional Job specific Responsibilities
- Significant experience on digital content creation and with VOD platforms at managerial level
- Experience of working in collaboration with other digital, non-linear and linear teams
- Extensive experience of online rights, contracting talent and procurement
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Experience of portfolio management of budgets and teams
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree in Production, Broadcasting, Communications or related field;
- Diploma in a related field is an added advantage;
- At least 12 years’ experience in program directing, production and editing. Editing and directing skills are mandatory;
- Organized, keen and able to work without supervision;
- Ability to interpret long-term plans, programs, SOPS and budgets developed at senior management level and coordination of workflows;
- Strategic management skills;
- Interpersonal, communication and leadership skills;
- Project management skills;
- Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
If you meet the above criteria, apply online athttps://www.nationmedia.com/careers/ on or before 20th June, 2022.
Note: We shall only contact the shortlisted applicants