Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
JOB DESCRIPTION – SENIOR UNDERWRITER
Under the supervision of, and reporting to the Chief Underwriting Officer, the Senior Underwriter’s key duties and responsibilities will be as below:
- Generate business through marketing activities and increasing the visibility of ATI. This involves meeting one-on-one with clients and prospects and attending different marketing events organised by ATI or ATI’s business partners;
- Assist to organize/manage awareness events in countries of responsibility;
- Support underwriting business through;
- Screening business enquiries based on eligibility criteria;
- Assessing the risks of the proposed transactions and produce a report of the risk to convince approvers to accept the risk;
- Issuing non-binding/indicative term sheets;
- Arranging reinsurance for transactions requiring reinsurance support;
- Preparing of policy documents and
- Educating policy holders on the A-Z of the policy they are about to sign.
- Manage and monitor the underwritten risk – Support and guide the Portfolio Services Personnel in;
- Ensuring timely payment of premiums;
- Following up on any outstanding documentation/information from policyholders and
- Continuously monitoring the assigned portfolio, pre-empting any potential risk events thereon; and promptly bringing such to management’s attention.
- Support generation of reports such as Underwriting reports, Broker reports, Marketing reports, Mission/back to office reports, Underwriting Department country marketing plan and activity reports, Policy wordings and any other Management reports;
- Assist the Claims Department to manage claims particularly risks under watch list, and support on recovery initiatives;
- Implement effective people management initiatives including:
- Monitoring workflow, volume of work deliverables and the delivery of work of direct reports;
- Assisting team members in outlining their professional development goals and identifying any need for and monitoring “on the job training”; mentoring and coaching team members;
- Ensuring the efficient and fair assignment of work to direct reports; and
- Providing ongoing informal and formal feedback to direct reports and ensuring direct reports who are primary supervisors provide similar feedback to those they supervise.
Skills and Attributes:
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA), Finance, Economics, Banking or other financial service specialization;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Banking or other financial service specialization
- CII or CPA/ACCA (an added advantage);
- A minimum of Eight (8) years relevant experience;
- Technical understanding, expertise, and experience in insurance and re-insurance;
- A proven track record of success underwriting complex transactions or providing sector specific underwriting skills;
- Key Stakeholders management skills;
- Demonstrate ability to initiate ideas for Product development;
- Team leadership skills;
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of policy wordings;
- Strong analytical skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to details;
- Excellent negotiation skills;
- Good judgement and decision making skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet urgent deadlines;
- Excellent communication (oral, written, presentation) and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- Strong people management skills; and
- Demonstrate ATI’s core values – unity of purpose, customer first approach, integrity, getting it first the right time and creativity.
How to Apply
Candidates are required to submit an electronic copy of the following:
1. Application Letter;
2. CV, plus details of your current remuneration package if applicable along with details of three referees; and
Submit your application to email@example.com
The closing date is Saturday, 02 July 2022 at Midnight East African time.
ATI offers a competitive salary and benefits package and a collegial working environment commensurate with other multilateral. ATI reserves the right to not make an appointment, or to make an appointment at a slightly higher or lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description. ATI will only contact those applicants who are being actively considered for an interview.