Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 345,000 people make an impact that matters at www2.deloitte.com.
Deloitte is dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across three (3) countries in the region: Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region, and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Kenya and within the East Africa market.
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte we have a clear purpose, to make an impact that matters to our clients, our colleagues and our communities while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. From professional development to leadership opportunities and career advancement, we empower our people to be their very best – because that’s how you make an impact.
About the Department
As Africa Technology Services (ATS), our objective is to provide the firm and our people with the means, knowledge and technical support to fulfil our professional responsibilities. The ATS division serves as a support function at Deloitte and is comprised of the following teams:
- PMO – Project Management Office
- BMS – Business Management Services
- SAP – Systems, Applications and Products
- IAAS – Infrastructure as a service
- BSASI – ATS Business Analysis
- CAD – Centre of Application Development
- USS – User Support Services
We are committed to empowering the Firm by establishing an environment of continuous learning, challenging experiences, and enriching career opportunities. We are connected by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value, and strength from cultural diversity.
Deloitte East Africa currently has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual to join our Internal Clients Services Department – Africa Technology Services (ATS) as an IT Infrastructure Engineer. This position will be based in our Nairobi office in Kenya.
Main purpose of the job
The holder of this position will act as a focal point for all Data Centre Infrastructure within the Firm.
What you will do
- Ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability of all the systems, within the Deloitte Technology Services (DTS) environment;
- Ensure all systems are checked daily and running at optimum performance;
- Enforce, monitor and report to the ATS Manager on the health status of systems, in accordance with established policies and standards;
- Provide in-depth technical advice and investigations for recurring issues and problem calls;
- Ensure no unauthorized changes are made to any of the Systems;
- Ensure changes made to systems are clearly defined, planned and approved;
- Ensure only authorized entities are allowed to exchange information with all systems;
- Ensure audit trails are enabled to satisfy audit/incident response needs;
- Ensuring technical architectures that relate to all systems are up to date;
- Monitor and Review log information;
- Ensure systems are managed and maintained in a secure manner;
- Review software updates; and
- Maintain up to date configuration baseline standards for the production environment.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelors degree in Information Technology (IT) or any IT related field.
- At least five (5) years’ relevant working experience in administering and managing a Windows Server Environment with visualization for a corporate enterprise business.
- A recognized IT systems professional qualification such as MCSE, MCITP or equivalent.
- A recognized IT hardware professional qualification such as HP Storage or equivalent.
- A recognized IT virtualization professional qualification such as VMWARE, HYPER-V or equivalent.
- A recognized Cloud Technologies certification such as Azure, Oracle Cloud, AWS and GCP.
- Thorough knowledge of Hyper-V, VMWARE, Failover Clustering, Storage Management, SAN Administration and system & cloud technologies.
Key Performance Areas
- Strategic Impact – Under minimal guidance, supports the team in the delivery of services to clients in line with the defined strategic objectives.
- Budgets / Profitability – Effective use of time, equipment and resources.
- Development/ growth of team – Actively work to address identified technical skills.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Client delivery focus
- Focus on quality and awareness of risk
- Problem solving ability
- Displays business acumen
- Knowledge of Virtualization technologies
- Knowledge of Storage and SAN technologies
- Advanced knowledge of network configuration on Virtualized platforms
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server and Failover Clustering
- Knowledge of Data Center Facilities
- Knowledge of operating system vulnerabilities, threat and risks
- Knowledge of cloud technologies such as Azure, Oracle Cloud, AWS and GCP
- Knowledge in Microsoft system center configuration manager (SCCM)
- Working knowledge of applications within Microsoft 365
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Living our Purpose – Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact.
Influence – Actively focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills.
Performance drive – Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track.
Strategic direction – Understands how their daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business.
Talent development – Demonstrates strong commitment to personal learning and development; acts as a brand ambassador to help attract top talent.
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
Deloitte opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across the African continent and globally to gain experience and access projects beyond our borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and thinking styles.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. #Makinganimpactthatmatters
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do research to know some background about our firm and the business area you are applying to.
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online: Deloitte East Africa Careers portal.
Your details will be treated with confidentiality and will not be shared with any third party.
Closing date: 24 June 2022
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not ask individuals to pay any fees or money as part of the recruitment process. Women and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Hybrid & Vaccination policy
Deloitte Africa has successfully launched the Hybrid Working model. Aligned with this model is our commitment to maintain an environment for personnel, clients and visitors that is safe and, as far as reasonably practicable, free from health risks.
Medical evidence provides overwhelming and empirical evidence that vaccination is currently the most effective means of preventing the spread of COVID-19 and reducing the likelihood of serious illness, death, transmissions and infections. More information about our vaccination policy will be discussed during the recruitment process for this position.