Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Daily Worker/Locum Electrician
Duty Station: Mathare Project, Nairobi
Date of issue: 21st June 2022
Deadline for application: 5th July 2022
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical humanitarian action-driven organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. 26 associations, 23 sections, and 16 branch offices make-up the international movement and work in partnership around 6 operational entities.
MSF France Mathare project is looking to fill the position of a Daily Worker/Locum Electrician. The successful candidate reports to the Base Logistics Supervisor.
Objective of the Position:
Perform autonomously, complex/advanced installation and maintenance of electrical and other energy systems in all MSF facilities in Nairobi (offices, health structures, warehouses, etc.,) according to MSF standards and procedures, in order to ensure a proper functioning and maintenance of MSF equipment and installations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: –
- Perform corrective maintenance of household electrical appliances in Mathare project and Coordination premises, under the guidance Mission Energy Specialist and according to MSF electrical standards
- Perform any needed tests after any repair or maintenance
- Look after all equipment and tools provided, and return them in a timely manner
- Ensuring that all record sheets and books related to maintenance are always completed and prepares needed reports before and after any repair or required maintenance
- Immediately inform Mathare Base Logistician/ Coordination Base Logistician and Mission Energy Specialist of any problems that arise in the course of the work in MSF premises, particularly with regards to damage, loss, theft or attempted break-ins.
- Essential Electrician diploma or recognized formal training
- Previous working experience as an electrician required (minimum 2 years’ experience)
- English and Kiswahili language essentials
- Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation, Behavioural Flexibility, Commitment to MSF Principles, Service Orientation, Stress Management
Applicants MUST be Kenyan nationals and have the necessary statutory documents (ID, NSSF, NHIF and a PIN certificate).
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit a motivation letter and an updated Curriculum Vitae as a single file mentioning on the subject email line, “Daily Worker/Locum Electrician”, to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received by the deadline. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/ recruitment fee.