Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Program Manager – Youth – (220000HQ)
Reports To: Deputy Head of Programs
Length of Contract: Until September 30, 2023
You will provide technical advice and support to a range of program design and implementation issues in youth programming in line with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) program quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practices to CRS’ Kenya Country program to advance the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. Your advice, knowledge, and support will contribute to determining how effective, adaptive, and innovative CRS’ youth programming is within Kenya. The position will support CRS Kenya current to active project focusing on youth and digital solutions in additional to support growth and development on the country program youth portfolio.
- Support the development and contribute to the implementation of CRS Kenya youth projects utilizing standards, tools and best practices in youth programming that effectively engage stakeholders in the youth sector. Help ensure a cross-sectoral approach integrating gender, protection mainstreaming, and innovation.
- Closely work with Social Behavioral Change team and develop comprehensive behavioral change strategies and plans.
- Provide technical solutions to multi-sector teams, remotely and on-site, for strategic planning and how to best apply standards, best practices, partnership principles, tools, and M&E, helping to ensure high-quality implementation.
- Support Kenya MEAL team to include youth perspective in research, mid-term and end line evaluations and mainstream sex and age disaggregated and youth-sensitive indicators into the overall MEAL framework. Contribute to developing indicators, milestones and plans, and lead reporting on all indicators for youth integration, and program progress.
- Provide dynamic leadership, technical support, and team coordination, including ongoing technical guidance and support in youth integration and empowerment and build their knowledge and technical capacity to implement and monitor youth skills programming.
- Support capacity strengthening initiatives in youth programming for staff and partners through helping develop learning and training strategies and agendas/curriculums, conducting trainings and workshops, and coaching.
- Collect and analyze program data, capture and share lessons learned and best practices for specific projects to facilitate improvements in decision-making and contribute to the Youth learning agenda.
- Contribute to maintaining relationships with donors, peer organizations, research, and other institutions, participate in forums in the area of Youth programming collect and share best practices and promote CRS’ work.
- Actively support and participate in the business development initiatives to grow the youth portfolio.
- Strong relationship management skills with ability to influence and get buy-in from people not under direct supervision and to work with individuals in diverse geographical and cultural settings
- Good strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking skills with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment
- Good technical writing skills
- Presentation, facilitation, training, mentoring, and coaching skills
- Proactive, resourceful, and results-oriented
- Demonstrated commitment to respect, equity, diversity and inclusion including gender equality.
Required Languages – English Fluency, Knowledge of a main national language.
Scope: Supervise2 staff (Youth SPO/PO)
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Chief of Party, Country Representative, Head of Programming, Programming staff, Finance Manager, Deputy Regional Director for Program Quality, Regional Technical Advisors, HQ based Public Donor Liaison.
External: Donor, government agencies, partner INGOs and local NGOs, peer agencies, community representatives, private sector actors, including financial institutions.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Masters-level education in Development Studies, Social sciences, Business Administration, or related field relevant to youth programming.
- Minimum of five years of relevant work experience in youth-focused or youth-sensitive programming in Kenya with progressive responsibilities, ideally with an international NGO.
- Familiarity with any of the youth frameworks is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of youth capacity strengthening best practices.
- Demonstrated capacity and experience with institutional strengthening of local implementing partners.
- Experience with program monitoring and evaluation and analysis.
- Experience and skills in networking and relations with donors, peer organizations, and faith-based and civil society partners.
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information and budget management systems, knowledge-sharing networks.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
What we offer:
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS Kenya strives to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and work, stay, and do their best.
CRS provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, sex, age, marital status, physical or mental disability or handicap, medical condition and any other status protected by law. As an equal opportunity employer, CRS will recruit, hire, train and promote persons solely on their qualifications and abilities.
CRS’ emphasis on family values supports benefits, including maternity and paternity leave, policies that promote exclusive breastfeeding, the availability of a baby room at the office, and flexible working hours where possible. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Primary Location: EARO-KE-Nairobi City
Job: Program Management
Organization: Catholic Relief Services
Schedule: Limited Term
Employee Status: Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting: Jun 23, 2022, 10:52:53 AM