Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Pezesha is a fast growing digital financial marketplace empowering SMEs with access to affordable working capital. We are currently headquartered in Kenya and also in Ghana and Uganda and scaling across other markets in East and West Africa. It is an incredibly exciting time to join us as we enter our next phase of growth! The Pezesha team (employees, board and advisors) combined have more than 20 years of passionate experience in FinTech, strategy across African markets, and unparalleled local market knowledge and linkages.
We seek to recruit a full time Chief Financial Officer who shall navigate between strategy and detail, bring passion to the role, think and add value across the business. They will thrive on the uncertainty, and add credibility through communication and impact. They have to be sensitive leaders, assertive,collaborative and savvy. They will have a pulse on the business, and as such, are a pivotal member of Pezesha executive management team. The CFO will report to the company CEO and the board.
The primary functions of the CFO will involve:
- They will be accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, the development of a financial and operational strategy, set metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and long term shareholder value.
- The CFO will be a key driver of strategic thinking and evaluating growth opportunities after consideration of the facts and assessment of the risks, to guide the team to make brave decisions and to place some well calculated bets, or to put the brakes on. It’s about working in the team, but it isn’t a popularity contest and the tough decisions need to be taken.
- Most importantly, the CFO will work closely alongside the CEO, almost ‘joined at the hip’, and expected to be the one who will stand up to and challenge, having an independent mind and an ability to stand back, while at the same time supporting the CEO. The skill is an ability to build loyalty and yet at the same time an ability to challenge.
- An affinity with numbers and the ability to interpret them for others, set against a backdrop of effective risk management and an intrinsic ability to sense and manage cash-flow requirements, will always be the core responsibility and skill set.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is a multi-disciplinary full time role that demands diverse skills in which the CFO will also be responsible for below additional responsibilities:
Strategy, Planning and Management
- Act as strategic business partner to the senior leadership team by assisting in formulating the company’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Ownership of firm-wide corporate annual financial planning to drive achievements of stakeholder objectives
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of the organization with regard to short and long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plan of
- Create and establish capital structure and cash management financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
Financial Planning & Analysis and Reporting
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings
- Manage firm-wide financial planning and analysis rounds by supervising creation of reports, software implementation and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
- Present periodic financial statement and budgeting reports including cash flow statement, Income statements and necessary Balance Sheet items, forecast vs. budget by business lines
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Develop annual company operating budget and maintain monthly operating budget
- Lead execution of accounting systems and tools that match scale and data reporting execution of Pezesha
- Ownership of the firm’s asset-liability structure management by designing and executing process matching with stated corporate goals
- Manage operational and lending cash flow planning process
- Represent the company to banks, financial partners, institutions, investors, auditors and officials.
Fund Raise & Investor Relations
- Develop a compelling value proposition and key communication for future fund raise as well as existing investors
- Identify, reach-out and pitch to prospective investors and manage the related processes of due-diligence, deal closure, etc.
- Build investor confidence in the company’s vision to deliver shareholder value through a comprehensive Investor Relations framework and strategy
- Provide market insights to the management team, including financial trends, investor concerns, competitor actions, and anything that might impact the company
- Oversee communication & reporting of financial results to investors through comprehensive MIS.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate needs to have the following experience-Education: Must be from a Finance/Economics or Actuarial Science background with preferably an MBA degree
- MUST HAVE extensive financial modeling experience particularly for Financial Institutions as well a strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A professional qualification e.g. CFA.
- MUST HAVE at least 7 years working experience
- High level communication skills
- Experience managing multicultural teams
- Added advantage: Treasury and accounting
- Added advantage: Fundraising for early stage/growth companies with at least series A experience
- Added advantage: Entrepreneurial background
- Added Advantage: Financial Advisory in Financial Institutions practice at an international strategy advisory firm, or regional Investment Bank
- Added advantage: Experience working in a lending organisation
Compensation & Perks: Competitive Salary + performance based bonuses + stock options incentives appropriate for the role.
To Apply: Please send your CVs and cover letter to email@example.com. Kindly indicate the title of the job on the subject header of the email (REF 2022/CFO). The applicants who do not indicate THE REF NO and job title will be automatically disqualified.