Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Wärtsilä Eastern Africa Ltd has an existing O&M Contract with Gulf Power Limited up to Dec 2024 for the 80 MW Athi River II Power Plant, Kenya. WEA is looking for a Maintenance Manager with the following duties and responsibilities, skills and qualifications;
- Planning and implementation of all Maintenance activities related to the power plant with precision.
- Implementing preventative maintenance programs with Maximo (Wärtsilä developed maintenance program).
- Managing Spare parts planning and follow up with Nairobi office.
- Leading training programs and handling the training and development needs of new hires/ related to subordinates as well Customer employees.
- Enhance zero injury concept within the team and adhering to safety regulations.
- Strict enforcement of PPE within the members of the team.
- Enforcing industry regulations and requirements.
- Assessing technical risks related to the plant.
- Maintain good housekeeping in conjunction with maintenance activities.
- Responsible for all activities relating to the daily maintenance management of the power plant inclusive of planning and implementation of plant maintenance.
- Communicates effectively with the plant team relative to the condition of the plant equipment and performance and to provide suggestions for improvements.
- Administration and training of a skilled and motivated maintenance personnel to assure good teamwork. Setting and maintaining the qualification and training standards for the plant maintenance personnel.
- Responsible for implementation of plant safety policy.
- Establish and implement standard WOM (Wärtsilä Operation & Maintenance) policies and procedures.
- Identify and actively seek to improve maintenance reliability and availability.
- Leadership and good seller of ideas.
- Builds a competitive and motivated team of maintenance personnel.
- Develops the maintenance working routines at the plant.
- Ability to use all resources – material and human – to effectively carry out assigned tasks.
- Approves time sheet for personnel.
- Prepares reports, plans, budgets and any other responsibility requested by the Plant Manager.
- BSc in Engineering or equivalent combination of education with relevant experience.
- Knowledge of English compulsory, knowledge of local languages and its culture.
- Computer literate