Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
HEAD OF CORPORATE SERVICES JOB REFERENCE: EWASCO/HR/006/2020
Embu Water and Sanitation Company LTD, a public water utility company fully owned by the County Government of Embu and with a mandate to provide water and sanitation services in Embu County is seeking to recruit a self-driven individual for the position of Head of Corporate Services.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing leadership and effectively coordinating the Administration, Human Resources, ICT and PR functions, ensuring effective support for the Company from these functions
- Lead the development of policies and systems to support efficient functions framework.
- Lead the development of procedures and processes to ensure efficient service delivery and quality of services to exceed customer expectations.
- Initiate, develop and maintain sound and mutual relationship and network with relevant public and private bodies and institutions critical to the success of the functions.
- Be responsible for the recruitment, development and retention of a strong team of staff for the function.
- Ensure the competence and efficiency of staff in the function in terms of knowledge, skills and attitude.
- Ensure effective management of staff in the department.
- Sets guidelines for staff in the department to ensure an efficient workflow in a work environment that fosters high degree of personal integrity, team spirit and outstanding work standards.
- Lead in undertaking performance management activities for the department.
- Determine Section budgets in liaison with the Section heads supervised.
- Compile the annual departmental needs for inclusion in the Annual Procurement Plan and budget.
- i. Oversee the functions of Human Resource, PR, ICT, Administration and Logistics.
- ii. Develop overall annual strategic plans towards achieving set organizational objectives.
- iii. Develop strategies to guide the Company’s Communication and Corporate Social Responsibilities’ activities to the Stakeholders and surrounding communities respectively.
- iv. Develop and oversee implementation of PR, marketing, branding and advertising strategies in coordination with external consultants.
- v. Develop departmental plans with respective Section Heads supervised.
- vi. In partnership with departmental heads, identify business development and growth opportunities.
- vii. Initiating special studies, market and competitive research pertaining to the future of the institution.
- viii. Oversee all operations and business activities within the department and ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the vision, mission and strategy for the Company.
- ix. Act as a point of contact and build trust relations among all the departments within the Company.
- x. Ensure an effective working environment throughout the entire Company.
- xi. Prepare and submit timely reports as required.
- xii. Undertake continuous professional development to keep up with current industry trends.
- xiii. Undertake any other duties as may be assigned.
- Master’s degree in a business-related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business management, Business administration or any other business-related field
- At least 12 years’ experience, 5 of which should be in a Senior Management position coordinating varied functions
- Proficiency in ICT with strong MS office and internet ability
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Good interpersonal relations skills
- Problem solving skills
- Must satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya on Leadership and integrity through provision of; –
- Current certificate of good conduct from Directorate of Criminal Investigation Department.
- Current Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority.
- A clean and current report from an approved credit reference Bureau (CRB).
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
The appointment will be for a contract term of 3 YEARS renewable subject to satisfactory performance evidenced by continuous achievement of performance targets.
How to Apply
Application packages which include a cover letter, CV of not more than 5 pages and certified copies of certificates and testimonials should be sent by post or courier to: –
The Managing Director
Embu Water and Sanitation Company LTD
Off Meru-Embu Road next to National Library
P.O. Box 2142, 60100 EMBU
In addition to the Hard copy, a soft copy of the application should be sent to email@example.com before the expiry of the closing date (14th October, 2020, 17:00 Hours) with the VACANCY NUMBER as the email subject.
- The Vacancy number should be clearly marked on the left top corner of the outer envelope of the application package
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Canvassing in any way will lead to automatic disqualification
CLOSING DATE: 14th October, 2020, 17:00 Hours