Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and committed to continual improvement. The successful candidates will be team players with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes and shape best clinical and non-clinical practice.
THE NAIROBI HOSPITAL DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).
EMERGENCY MEDICINE SPECIALIST, REF/TNH/EMS/10/20
Reporting to Director, Medical Service the successful candidate will be responsible for the following amongst others:
- Diagnosing and interpretation of patient’s results.
- Resuscitating, stabilizing and establishing an appropriate care plan for patients presenting with acute and life-threatening conditions in the Accident and Emergency department.
- Developing, reviewing and facilitating the implementation of clinical protocols, procedures and work instructions for the practice of emergency medicine.
- Participating in the review of interdepartmental emergency care processes to ensure seamless patient care across departments.
- Providing internal consultancy services in emergency medicine and acute care.
- Mentoring and coaching Medical Officers and Senior Registrars in A & E.
- Championing emergency medicine research for clinical practice.
- Facilitating continuous medical education programs in emergency medicine.
- Participating in the development of accredited emergency medicine courses.
- Championing continuous quality improvement.
- Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
- Privileges do not include admitting rights, long-term care of patients, or the performance of scheduled elective surgical procedures.
- Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degree from a recognized institution.
- Post graduate qualification in Emergency Medicine with specialist recognition.
- Registration with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council (KMPDC).
- Valid specialist private practice and annual retention licenses.
- 3-4 years’ experience in emergency medicine.
- Valid certification in advanced life support courses (ACLS, ATLS, ALSO, PALS).
- Sound diagnostic skills and judgment.
- Sound decision making skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Excellent coaching and mentoring skills.
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number and to reach the undersigned email@example.com not later than 14th November 2020. Your CV/Resume MUST include full names and contact details of 3 referees.