Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
As the Performance Management Business Partner, the role holder will oversee and manage all activities in their business cluster as per the performance management cycle and manage all communication, sensitization and monitoring of the process to ensure its effectiveness and relevance to the business needs.
The role holder will be responsible for providing responsive and proactive support and advise to line managers on performance management to ensure total compliance with performance management policies, procedures and standards
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the DC – PMD, the incumbent will undertake the following:
- Responsible for the interpretation and application of performance management policy and all other frameworks guiding management of performance in their respective business areas
- Implement and monitor performance management in their respective departments to enable employee and teams understand the goals of the Authority particularly through managing the performance cycle to ensure cross-complex alignment and intra-complex cascading of business goals and key performance indicators across the Authority.
- Implement a process of tracking progression from goal setting, mid-year reviews and end of year evaluations to support individual, team and organizational performance
- To provide effective performance management consultancy, guidance, technical and administrative expertise for their respective departments on all performance management matters
- To implement initiatives aimed at fostering an agile performance driven culture and implement programs to support and drive that culture along with results across their departments
- Ensure that comprehensive training on performance contracting and appraisal system is offered to staff and management of your respective business areas
- Drive targeted communication and capacity building programs in the performance management process to enable managers to effectively evaluate and measure individual and team performance and to optimize performance and productivity
- Support line managers on all performance related issues from planning, monitoring and evaluation
- Plan and implement performance calibration of staff in their business areas
- Implement and manage an effective employee performance management system to foster an agile performance culture
- Ensure Board commitments and cross cutting issues are cascaded across their respective departments and captured in the relevant PCs
- Ensure that quality assurance process of staff Performance Contracts is effectively conducted to ensure they meet the SSMARTA Principle
- Ensure that staff in their business areas complete their PCs and appraisals within the set timelines
- Prepare PC and Appraisal reports of their business areas and forward to the Performance Analysis & Reporting Manager for consolidation
- Work with learning and development to address capacity gaps that affect performance of staff in their respective business areas
- Ensure that performance coaching program is effectively implemented in their respective business areas
- Conduct effective productivity monitoring in liaison with Manager, Performance Analysis & Reporting to ensure achievement of set performance targets
- Provide monthly and quarterly reports to each Line Manager on attainment of goals, PIP and development plans
- Provide professional development support and perform periodic performance reviews for direct reports based on KRA’s Performance Management System.
- Coach and mentor subordinates on a regular basis.
- University Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Minimum seven (7) years’ experience in HR generalist role and three (3) at Managerial Level
- Experience of Performance Management in a progressive organization is desirable
- Additional professional qualification/certification in performance management is advantageous
- Membership to a relevant professional body
Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong client focus with ability to build good relationships influence and network
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience of design and implementation of performance management
- Change management skills and experience in driving a high performance culture
- Experience in leading performance improvement programs.
- Familiarity with HRIS tools that support Performance Management processes/activities; Management of 360-degree feedback processes in a diverse and complex business environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of people management theories/ principles and ability to coach others around best practices.
- Ability to plan, organise, coordinate, multitask and prioritise under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Client and results oriented individual holding “a can-do attitude”.
- Marked ability to influence policy development and relate work to wider operational needs of the business.
- Willingness to work in an agile environment while adapting agile work principles. Must be flexible and at ease with rapidly changing deadlines
Competencies required for this role
- Leadership skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Excellent Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Interpersonal relations skills
- Report writing skills
- Customer orientation
- Technological awareness
- Innovation and creativity
- Making effective decisions
- Seeing the big picture
- Delivering at pace
- Building capability for all
Closing date; 6th Jan 2021