Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Marc Andreessen, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was eight years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peek behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and growing their business. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2020.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from emerging markets and placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200+ tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live and breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
- Passion: We believe we are going to change the world and act accordingly
- Integrity: We choose extraordinary people and then trust them to do the right thing
- Collaboration: We know our sum is greater than our parts
About the Role:
Andela is seeking a People Operations Associate to work with the People team to build our organizational capacity and ensure we are creating an environment in which our staff can realize their full potential. To be successful in this role, the right candidate will bring knowledge and experience in providing People generalist support for Andela across key functional areas, including employee relations and engagement, onboarding, operations and HRIS expertise.
Service Delivery & Information
- Coordinate all People Team requests made through the People helpdesk.
- Ensure day-to-day operations of People-related functions are addressed in a timely, efficient, and proactive manner. The objective is to deliver transactions in alignment with agreed HR service standards specifications. Maintain a response timeline in line with our Helpdesk SLAs.
- Manage the collection of all employee documentation and ensure that they are adequately filed for background checks and audit reviews.
- Coordinate and manage all activities relating to employee background/ reference checks.
- Ensure that employee folders are up to date with the relevant employee documentations.
- Data Integrity: ensure data integrity of all onboarding document from new hires.
- Coordinate and ensure that all pre-onboarding tasks are effectively executed with little or no blockers to employee induction.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to ensure that employee welcome packs and documentation are ready before onsite onboarding commences.
- Create and update an onboarding process document to guide the on-boarding process of new hires.
- Manage the onboarding of new hires to ensure a seamless integration and optimise new hire productivity. Maintain an on-boarding rating of 8/10.
- Run 30, 60 and 90 day check-ins for new hires and use this data to enhance the onboarding process from time to time. Maintain a satisfaction rating of 7/10 for each check-in period.
- Collaborate with global onboarding leads in the drafting and creation of the Andela global onboarding processes, templates and presentation decks.
- Identify process improvements regarding onboarding at least once bi-annually.
Support and propose suggestions that would improve employee engagement within the organisation.
- Support and own the processes regarding the Andela Counselling and Psychological Services (ACAPS).
General People Team support
- Drawing up necessary employee letters; e.g. promotion etc.
- Proofread HR documents including audits, marketing information, and handbooks.
- Handling the printing and scanning of People and employee documents into the People Team drive.
- Handle other tasks as directed by the People Manager (Ops).
- BS/BA degree in Human Resources, Social Sciences or its recognized equivalent with at least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Personable, able to comfortably and pleasantly deal with a variety of people.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good understanding of office management procedures.
- Critical thinking, analytical mindset and problem solving skills.
- Good knowledge of Google suite.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume workflow.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive Human Resources issues or projects and use judgment to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Record keeping, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques.
- Accurately enter and retrieve data and information using the available work tools.
- Working knowledge of in-country employment regulations, e.g. Labor/employee relations statutes and capacity to apply them to Andela.
- Ability to intervene with all levels of staff, partners and contractors, individuals from diverse cultures, and the public with diplomacy and firmness.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
- Objectivity and the ability to apply People policies and regulations in a fair and consistent manner.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Must be a nice person – we have a strict no jerks policy at Andela